• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@GrantStone If I am 13E in Leo Last what should I order in the Oliver Last Oxfords ?

Mr.Chest

Reaction score

delmar

Reaction score
We appreciate it! I hope you like the fit. Most will wear the same size as their Leo but similar to the loafer last, if you have a very low instep you may need to go down half a size.

I like the fit of the 12D shoes I've got from you. My shoe size is 12E and I've heard people say to go down a half size in length but I've also heard people say to go with the same that they go with in the Alden Barrie last. 12D Alden Barrie shoes fit me pretty well, so that's what I've been going with in your shoes and I am pleased with the fit--though I might try an 11.5E sometime just to see if they fit better. I do have flat feet. Who knows?

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forest Kudu cap toes ordered. Now to decide on the Fairfield. I asked them whether a lighter color leather was happening and received a 'negative' on that. So it seems the color on the older sample/prototype pic was probably British Tan after all. Will be considering those.

Turns31

Reaction score
Finally!

Attachments

• IMG_20200630_131042.jpg
    IMG_20200630_131042.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 63

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@GrantStone If I am 13E in Leo Last what should I order in the Oliver Last Oxfords ?
Most customers wear the same size in the Leo as Oliver although it isn't quite as full. Unfrotunately, that is also the largest size we have.

I like the fit of the 12D shoes I've got from you. My shoe size is 12E and I've heard people say to go down a half size in length but I've also heard people say to go with the same that they go with in the Alden Barrie last. 12D Alden Barrie shoes fit me pretty well, so that's what I've been going with in your shoes and I am pleased with the fit--though I might try an 11.5E sometime just to see if they fit better. I do have flat feet. Who knows?

If your 12D fits well, an 11.5E would likely fit well too. Most have a hard time telling the difference when they go down half a size and up to E.

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whew, I'm in for a tan brogue! 10E in the Oliver last is perfection for me.

While I'm at it, I think I'll have to sell off my Dune Longwings in 10D as they're just too tight for me. $140 shipped, shoot me a message.

Picture 1
Picture 2

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whew, I'm in for a tan brogue! 10E in the Oliver last is perfection for me.

While I'm at it, I think I'll have to sell off my Dune Longwings in 10D as they're just too tight for me. $140 shipped, shoot me a message.

Picture 1
Picture 2
Ended up getting the tan Fairfield oxfords too. I think I'm set for the rest of the year now.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I am just getting to know this brand and from what I've seen I am wanting to save up for a pair of cap toe boots. With that being said, I reside in Canada and these boots are made in China. Therefore it won't fall under NAFTA, CETA, etc. Are there any Canadian residents who are able to say how bad CBSA is at the border for duty for these boots?

Drzdave58

Reaction score
So I am just getting to know this brand and from what I've seen I am wanting to save up for a pair of cap toe boots. With that being said, I reside in Canada and these boots are made in China. Therefore it won't fall under NAFTA, CETA, etc. Are there any Canadian residents who are able to say how bad CBSA is at the border for duty for these boots?
I live in ontario..the delivery was fast...my Crimson diesels were delivered in 2 days..the duty wasnt bad...I think my total cost was about $560...but u will save the shipping charges on your 1st order

Last edited:

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I live in ontario..the delivery was fast...my Crimson diesels were delivered in 2 days..the duty wasnt bad...I think my total cost was about $560...but u will save the shipping charges on your 1st order
Good to know, thanks. Didn't know you save on shipping charges for first order. I live in NS so 15% tax here plus duty. Ordered from Meermin a month ago or so for some unlined loafers and a belt. Ended up being $75 of taxes for the $260 USD order. Although were very nice compared to what I've been buying from John Doe Shoes the past year. Will start saving for some boots and hopefully have enough in a year or so

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The chelsea boots, semi brogue (oxford) and kudu cap toe boot are now live!

https://grantstoneboot.com/collections/new-releases

Jesus. Out of approximately 115 pairs in my standard rotation (!) I own a single chelsea boot - the AE Knightsbridge. I like it enough but always wanted something else. I looked closely at the AE Liverpool but it's just so lightweight and unsupportive. The AE Surrey chelsea is utter ****, so that was out. Most recently i was looking at RM Williams but I'd have to go trial-and-error with the stupid lasts they use.

Then the black GS chelsea comes along - on a new last that's beefy but sleek. In GS' trademark construction that allows the wearer to kick through concrete walls while still being comfortable enough to stand and walk for 48 hours straight. This literally coudln't have come in at a better time, lol.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads