• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wore my GS LWBs for a quick trip to Kroger earlier:

20200606_gslwb.jpg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wore my GS LWBs for a quick trip to Kroger earlier:

View attachment 1401458
Looking good!!! We have NO Kroger stores left here, just Wal*Mart, Meijer (midwest super store chain) Aldi and County Market (Illinois/Iowa grocery retailer). Would like Kroger to come back, but alas, probably not in the cards....

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Auctioning Off Shoes for Charity

Hi everyone, I’ve had some Grant Stone Ivory Traveler loafers sz 9.5D up on eBay for a minute, but I was just thinking - since I'm going to be donating the money I get from the sale let’s make it fun and open it up to the Styleforum community for a bit of bidding for a good cause.

The auction will run until EOD Sunday, June 14th, and all proceeds will benefit the NAACP Legal Action Fund to address police brutality issues in the community.

Bidding process: please quote this post and enter a bid amount that’s higher than the post before it. The highest bidder will then PayPal F&F me the amount on the bid. I will add $50 to the total, and submit a donation to NAACP Legal Action Fund. I will then send that user the shoes on my dime (as long as y'all are in the US/Canada, pretty please).

Bidding starts at $25 - let’s get it!!

View attachment 1401025

View attachment 1401026

Traveler Penny Loafer in Ivory Suede
Sz 9.5D, fits 10D US

I love these, they're amazing. Super soft suede, supple leather, very very little wear, maybe like 3-5 times. They are absolutely perfect otherwise.

More photos on ebay here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/SUMMER-Gra...de-Penny-Loafer-sz-9-5D-fits-10D/133428095173

Perfect summer shoe. Comes with box and shoe bags (I lost the bottle opener - RIP).

Edit: changed charity organization from ACLU to NAACP Legal Action Fund after doing a bit more research on which one would be most effective. Thank you!
$50

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking good!!! We have NO Kroger stores left here, just Wal*Mart, Meijer (midwest super store chain) Aldi and County Market (Illinois/Iowa grocery retailer). Would like Kroger to come back, but alas, probably not in the cards....
Meijer for the win.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Meijer for the win.
Much better produce than Wal*Mart, basically everything else the same...county market has better than Meijer produce, but some prices on non produce higher. I forgot regional store of Schnucks, best fresh produce around here but prices higher than others. But if really, really good vegetables and fruit are your thing, they are the bomb.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Much better produce than Wal*Mart, basically everything else the same...county market has better than Meijer produce, but some prices on non produce higher. I forgot regional store of Schnucks, best fresh produce around here but prices higher than others. But if really, really good vegetables and fruit are your thing, they are the bomb.
Was at Meijer this morning. I feel like we end up there several times a week.

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wienerschnitzel and In-N-Out... man now I am missing the West coast! Those were literally two of my favorites growing up (plus Jack in the Box). Fortunately there’s a Jack’s within a couple hour‘s drive of me so I can get that greasy cheesy taco fix. Family members of mine own one of the Wienerschnitzel’s in San Diego county. Man, that chili and cheese....

I saw that Kudu sample pop up and considered it for a moment, as I think it was in my size. Looks like you’re one of the first with a pair! And they do look great.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We've got Meijer and Aldi here (and doesn't everybody have a Wal-Mart?), but no County Market.

BrandonF

Reaction score
Just arrived to our new house after three days of travel and 24 hours or so of driving. Wore my dune diesels the whole trip, and they need some tlc now after lots of moving scuffs. Will have to sneak in some polishing time once my shoe stuff is unpacked. Plus get to organize my new shoe alcove in our master closet!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads