• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My cap toe boots seem to have some issues in the rain. Mainly just the left boot. Whenever a decent amount of rain hits it water seems to get in around the toe and stay there for hours while slowly creeping higher. It has darkened the area and made it a bit raised.

Anyway, I’ve been trying to see what I can do to help with that. Have used Venetian leather balm and a few layers of AE brown wax polish. Along with that I got some tarrago and sprayed the boots. We’ll see how it goes next time these see rain.

I think they look great.

82C80714-C979-492A-BCA7-23D2AEE653AE.jpeg

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing these again today, lots of walking up/down stairs to do today. Moving books from upstairs office to basement bookshelves, wanted a comfy, cushy sole :)

So bearing in mind I'm an idiot and passed on the Eagle County 3 times (even at like $217) because I was convinced the white harrier outsole wouldn't work for me, how would you compare those against the EC?

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My cap toe boots seem to have some issues in the rain. Mainly just the left boot. Whenever a decent amount of rain hits it water seems to get in around the toe and stay there for hours while slowly creeping higher. It has darkened the area and made it a bit raised.

Anyway, I’ve been trying to see what I can do to help with that. Have used Venetian leather balm and a few layers of AE brown wax polish. Along with that I got some tarrago and sprayed the boots. We’ll see how it goes next time these see rain.

I think they look great.

I think you're right.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So bearing in mind I'm an idiot and passed on the Eagle County 3 times (even at like $217) because I was convinced the white harrier outsole wouldn't work for me, how would you compare those against the EC?
Well, the Eagle County is one of my favorite AE boots, and I've had my pair for years, haven't had to re-sole them and they have seen some pretty nasty stuff in their life. The GS are better boots. Better leather, better fit (on my feet), better finishing. Before GS came out with these, I was in the camp of wanting EC's to be brought back so I could get a new(er) pair. Don't care if they are brought back now. IF you find GS boots comfortable, these are the same fit, but on a cushy sole.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Decided to wax the whole upper with brown instead of having the toe caps be a little darker. I flexed the vamp after which is why it doesn’t look as perfect as it could.

Lucky to have such nice boots available at this price point.

EFFFA7AE-6AA9-4A68-A67C-9E11AD1F2D23.jpeg

Darkishhaddock

Reaction score
I have one pair that is NOT loose grain, and one pair that for sure lost the loose grain lottery. EVERY pair of GS I have is good in the grain department :)

The one natty cxl HM I bought from you also has beautiful tight grain. I am also waiting to see what other leathers Edward launches in and definitely in for a dune or other interesting leathers like dublin or chromePak. But first, let’s continue to hunker down and wait for this pandemic to pass so we have places to go in all these shoes.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’d love to see more boots with Dublin. The wallets I’ve seen look great, but I haven’t come across much footwear.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Would love to enjoy a beverage right now!
To quote Nike "Just do it"
dogs got me up at 5 AM, so far today I have mowed the lawn, edged the lawn, trimmed around the fence, spent the rest of the day in the creek bed behind my house cleaning out debris and cutting back invasive honeysuckle, trimmed a dead limb on a tree. It's time to kick back. One can get a lot done while Sheltering at Home.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dogs got me up at 5 AM, so far today I have mowed the lawn, edged the lawn, trimmed around the fence, spent the rest of the day in the creek bed behind my house cleaning out debris and cutting back invasive honeysuckle, trimmed a dead limb on a tree. It's time to kick back. One can get a lot done while Sheltering at Home.
Oh, I'm not saying you don't deserve it. But wow, that's quite a Tuesday!

Turns31

Reaction score
My wife finally made me paint all of our kitchen cabinets after telling her I would for 2 years now. I severely underestimated how long it would take. It looks great but damn it's tedious work.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads