• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We had a day where we told to come back to prepare pickup packets for kids without internet or computers. It was just me in my classroom, shooting the **** for a few hours from an appropriate social distance with the teachers in the classrooms next to me :)
It's sad that there are kids w/o internet or computers. I have been on a school board in the past (15 yrs tenure on the board actually) and I always tried to get the board to pay for/or buy computers and internet access for those kids whose parents couldn't afford it. In our country, in this century, there should be no kid without access. (Rant done). Pickup packets are a good idea anyway, as some kids need the tactile stimulation of paper to learn.

ryebreadiest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's sad that there are kids w/o internet or computers. I have been on a school board in the past (15 yrs tenure on the board actually) and I always tried to get the board to pay for/or buy computers and internet access for those kids whose parents couldn't afford it. In our country, in this century, there should be no kid without access. (Rant done). Pickup packets are a good idea anyway, as some kids need the tactile stimulation of paper to learn.
Ya for sure, we are having to just provide a boat load of everything (paper packets, google classroom assignments, zoom/posted video lessons, etc). Hard to reach all kids on short notice. Either way, the Dirty Bucks were a nice ride for the day and I validated my use of the Tarrago nano spray on them by promptly dropping coffee on them 5 minutes after i put them on. It rolled right off - I love that spray!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ya for sure, we are having to just provide a boat load of everything (paper packets, google classroom assignments, zoom/posted video lessons, etc). Hard to reach all kids on short notice. Either way, the Dirty Bucks were a nice ride for the day and I validated my use of the Tarrago nano spray on them by promptly dropping coffee on them 5 minutes after i put them on. It rolled right off - I love that spray!
We are watching our granddaughter (age 4) 3 days a week as daycare closed. This is so Mom can get some WFH stuff done and Dad can go to work at the Hospital. We make a point of having "school" every day, no reason not to learn how to write, read and do simple math. Her favorite game is when I hide something behind a door somewhere in the house, I put post it notes on all the doors, at her height with numbers 1 through 10, she then has to do simple math, like (2+1=?) to figure out which door the thing is behind. I also move the post-its around so the doors are different numbers. She wanted to play that for an hour the other day. Learning must continue, even in these trying times.

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tan or brown laces? The Chippewas are getting the rawhide.
002626CB-4302-49D7-AA04-A7689176CF0C.jpeg A0C30FE7-4252-4B0A-9D03-42756F4C391A.jpeg
BCEFC70B-8300-4F4C-B76D-1590522F8958.jpeg E194A862-740B-42D7-A8FF-16D9241A2547.jpeg

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Erikdayo @Mr.Chest Appreciate the second opinions. My wife also agrees with you both, though I voted for the darker ones. The laces not used on GS go to my 1000 Miles.

EDIT:
@jischwar Ah, thanks. I am outvoted by a wide margin! My wife will be happy to hear it.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ryebreadiest The HM has less taper at the toe it seems. Bear in mind the cap toe is 10.5D, the HM is 11B, and the Diesel is 10D.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads