• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Stuck at home orders in state on day 19 now, so why not use some PP products on the Saddle Tan Diesel boots. Just put on the Cleaner Conditioner, now to wait 1-2 hours as per the jar. Stuff smells fantastic.
IMG_1850.jpeg

BrandonF

Reaction score
View attachment 1365602
Back in the classroom today for the first time in weeks, so finally a chance to wear real clothes. Grant Stone Dirty Bucks are an excellent spring shoe, light and comfy.

Nice. I almost pulled the trigger yesterday but they were sold out in my size.

Where are you where class is in session? We're one week into our shutdown, with (supposedly) one week to go (sure).

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How did you like the conditioner as opposed to VSC?
Honestly, I like VSC a little better, not as nice smelling but seems to work better. The PP leaves a "sticky" feeling to the leather which requires a LOT of brushing (and I used a very small amount). I will stick to VSC, Bick4 and Saphir for cleaning products. That is just my amateur opinion, based on one pair, on the kitchen counter, while Sheltering in Place....

BrandonF

Reaction score
Honestly, I like VSC a little better, not as nice smelling but seems to work better. The PP leaves a "sticky" feeling to the leather which requires a LOT of brushing (and I used a very small amount). I will stick to VSC, Bick4 and Saphir for cleaning products. That is just my amateur opinion, based on one pair, on the kitchen counter, while Sheltering in Place....

I found the tacky feeling when using the cream polish too. Takes a lot of brushing and eventually goes back to normal. Still like the results, but will stick with VSC then for the conditioning.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I found the tacky feeling when using the cream polish too. Takes a lot of brushing and eventually goes back to normal. Still like the results, but will stick with VSC then for the conditioning.
The cream polish does also leave a tacky surface unless one lets it dry significantly longer, than the recommend by PP time period. The High Gloss stuff kicks butt however, not tacky/sticky shines up really well. I will use it as my high gloss polish on pretty much every shoe/boot I have. That all being said, the Pure Polish stuff does work, is eco-friendly (heck one could probably eat it--NOT ADVISED) and smells fantastic.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Already have bourbon and navy, but I feel like I need those.
Have the Navy and Bourbon as well, but these are the ones that "call out" to me every time I think I want to wear a suede penny loafer. I should buy another pair and leave them in the box, just in case GS stops making them.......

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have the Navy and Bourbon as well, but these are the ones that "call out" to me every time I think I want to wear a suede penny loafer. I should buy another pair and leave them in the box, just in case GS stops making them.......
I really like them in pictures, but had a similar pair in milkshake suede from AE I didn't wear that much. Although the Travelers fit me better than any other loafer has.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really like them in pictures, but had a similar pair in milkshake suede from AE I didn't wear that much. Although the Travelers fit me better than any other loafer has.
I, also, have a pair of AE's in light suede, they are airport shoes (if we ever get to travel again). The GS are just a better shoe all around.

ryebreadiest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice. I almost pulled the trigger yesterday but they were sold out in my size.

Where are you where class is in session? We're one week into our shutdown, with (supposedly) one week to go (sure).
We had a day where we told to come back to prepare pickup packets for kids without internet or computers. It was just me in my classroom, shooting the **** for a few hours from an appropriate social distance with the teachers in the classrooms next to me :)

Should add that I like the sole it came on, very nice and would buy a CXL derbie with that in a second. Odd note: the box it came in is a solid half inch taller than my other grant stone boxes and it doesn’t fit in my perfectly spaced shoe rack in the closet. Strange.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics