• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is what was posted before. Pretty sure Wyatt mentioned it being on the same last, but we'll see what he says.

a.jpg

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, certainly looks like same last in that photo. I hope it's available in colors in addition to black
I recall them mentioning brown calf. Maybe dark brown? I assume british tan is a lock as well. Wouldn't mind burgundy calf personally.

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m glad you asked! Our tassel loafer is underway and will be here late summer, early fall. We will also be introducing a dressier calf on our penny around the same time. Very excited for these two styles.

Appreciate the timeline, even if farther out than I had hoped. Hate it when retailers say something is coming but offer no more. GS is worth waiting for, though!

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
This is what was posted before. Pretty sure Wyatt mentioned it being on the same last, but we'll see what he says.

View attachment 1362565
Thanks, certainly looks like same last in that photo. I hope it's available in colors in addition to black

This is it! It is also in the Alexander last. Initially, I didn't know if it would work thinking it might need to be sharper with a narrower toe box but we are really happy with it. Even when working in the warehouse standing for over 8 hours it's a comfortable last/pattern.

I recall them mentioning brown calf. Maybe dark brown? I assume british tan is a lock as well. Wouldn't mind burgundy calf personally.

Our first order will be in three colors, hopefully we can introduce more come next spring.

Appreciate the timeline, even if farther out than I had hoped. Hate it when retailers say something is coming but offer no more. GS is worth waiting for, though!

It was supposed to be late summer before the recent events, hopefully it won't be delayed too much.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is it! It is also in the Alexander last. Initially, I didn't know if it would work thinking it might need to be sharper with a narrower toe box but we are really happy with it. Even when working in the warehouse standing for over 8 hours it's a comfortable last/pattern.

It was supposed to be late summer before the recent events, hopefully it won't be delayed too much.

Can I make two small requests?
1. Dune CXL
2. Microstud

Hey, you guys have already made up for the Academy/Alumnus so I figured why not the Lake Shoe Drive as well :)

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this would help you any, but I hand flex stiff soles before wearing. I'll give them a pretty hard flex back and forth until they start feeling "broken in"

Man I wished that worked for me too, but not on these. I have a pair of particularly stiff bitter chocolate suede Shanleys (basically AE's Acheson, but uses your favorite last instead of the standard 2042). Those things are hard as a mother ******* rock. Shoenut suggested using pliers to flex the heelcup - that helped like 50% but even with that my heels are still toast by 6 hours. Luckily for me, the GS' PTB & LWB get better and better with each wear, whereas those Shanleys never see any improvement whatsoever. An important note - these PRL styles in suede don't pad the heelcups at all, making them particularly hard.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Man I wished that worked for me too, but not on these. I have a pair of particularly stiff bitter chocolate suede Shanleys (basically AE's Acheson, but uses your favorite last instead of the standard 2042). Those things are hard as a mother ******* rock. Shoenut suggested using pliers to flex the heelcup - that helped like 50% but even with that my heels are still toast by 6 hours. Luckily for me, the GS' PTB & LWB get better and better with each wear, whereas those Shanleys never see any improvement whatsoever. An important note - these PRL styles in suede don't pad the heelcups at all, making them particularly hard.
Always a wealth of info! Man, you have a serious dedication to your shoes to break them in when they're that hard

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Always a wealth of info! Man, you have a serious dedication to your shoes to break them in when they're that hard

Dedication maybe, but in all fairness nothing in this world has even come close to breaking in my Redwings. Everything else has literally been a walk in the park.

tshill

Reaction score
I finally pulled the trigger on getting some GS, but have struggled with size. I tried a 8.5E in Ottawa and it was very tight. For reference, 8EE iron ranger fits very well and my foot is wide because I have tailor bunions. I just received a Diesel 8.5EEE and it fits well, but I’m surprised how much wider it is. Those who have diesels and Ottawa’s in the same size and width, do they fit the same? I did speak with Josh about this and I do understand they are the same last, just looking for real world experiences. Thanks!

BrandonF

Reaction score
I finally pulled the trigger on getting some GS, but have struggled with size. I tried a 8.5E in Ottawa and it was very tight. For reference, 8EE iron ranger fits very well and my foot is wide because I have tailor bunions. I just received a Diesel 8.5EEE and it fits well, but I’m surprised how much wider it is. Those who have diesels and Ottawa’s in the same size and width, do they fit the same? I did speak with Josh about this and I do understand they are the same last, just looking for real world experiences. Thanks!

Maybe you’d be better off with an 8EEE?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads