• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Darkkp

Reaction score
UPS delivered a present to me today? View attachment 1361024
Those look great man. I was contemplating for a full day, on whether I should go for the black ottawa or the black diesel. I went for the diesel, since I have the storm kudu ottawa pre-ordered and I really like the contrast between the leather soles with the black CXL diesel.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Getting my wingtip Wednesday shot in. Wasn’t planned, but I’m glad I happened to be wearing these on the right day.

Now do I spend another $398 for the final sale wingtip options in both bourbon suede and dune cxl?

View attachment 1361082
Well, you know the answer to that type of question posed here>>>>>>of course you should, and post pictures once you get them.

goodyearmelt

Reaction score
I'm going to throw out a plug for one of my favorite GS shoes, soon to be no more :(. If any of you guys are one of the sizes left, grab a pair NOW. The Ivory Suede, leather sole PTB. This is the shoe that AE Boone wanted to be. It's too bad that it is no longer going to be offered, but I understand marketing. If they had any left in my size, I'd buy another pair, they are that good!
Do you have any photos of these with some wear on them or in some real life lighting situations? I've been contemplating them for a few days and can't decide whether the color is too light for me. In some photos it appears closer to white, in others a greyish light sand. Care to weigh in? Thanks!

Drzdave58

Reaction score
Those look great man. I was contemplating for a full day, on whether I should go for the black ottawa or the black diesel. I went for the diesel, since I have the storm kudu ottawa pre-ordered and I really like the contrast between the leather soles with the black CXL diesel.
ive got a pair of diesels in crimson, i like the contrast as well, but I also think the darker welt/sole goes great with the black Ottawa..enjoy your diesels!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do you have any photos of these with some wear on them or in some real life lighting situations? I've been contemplating them for a few days and can't decide whether the color is too light for me. In some photos it appears closer to white, in others a greyish light sand. Care to weigh in? Thanks!
Don't know if this will help, but Left to right, Ivory Suede (leather sole), Dirty Buck, Traveler and for compairison Alden "
Ivory" suede loafer.
IMG_1733.jpeg

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't know if this will help, but Left to right, Ivory Suede (leather sole), Dirty Buck, Traveler and for compairison Alden "
Ivory" suede loafer. View attachment 1361152
Are those Aberdeen tassels? Curious how the Alexander last compares. I assume Alexander is much wider based on memory of each last.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So, second (or third can't remember) dog walk of the day, it's the only "outside" activity that is "approved" of during this Shelter in Place stuff going on. Wore these this time, love the double bend leather sole, but dog kept wanting to go in mud, so had to keep him out of it, for the sake of the boots :)
IMG_1731.jpeg

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How can these oxfords be so comfortable!? No they don’t get points for originality, but this is exactly what I needed in my collection after selling off another couple of black oxfords that hurt my feet.

The Oliver is a perfect fit for me right out of the box. Comfortably snug, but in no way too snug. I even get awesome heel lockdown with zero bowing and some lace gap to spare. This is something that dress shoes from the American and Spanish makers have failed to do for me. They feel like a dream, and I suspect the fit will only get better with time! I sized up a width from my smaller Leo size thanks to good advice from Wyatt.

In another life I would have said these look clunky, but the fit and feel is so worth any fashion misgivings.

2D83088B-3BA9-4C52-882A-D7A69C0D138E.jpeg
32C8E862-6BB2-47F5-A0BA-EC6596953369.jpeg

Cheap jeans, wonderful shoes.
C8534CFA-A9D2-4AF4-B7E6-3ED06A68D0D3.jpeg

Cheap socks, glorious shoes.
F240CDC5-3E80-4437-8DAE-50BEE62C15AA.jpeg

Carry on!

Last edited:

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How can these oxfords be so comfortable!? No they don’t get points for originality, but this is exactly what I needed in my collection after selling off another couple of black oxfords that hurt my feet.

The Oliver is a perfect fit for me right out of the box. Comfortably snug, but in no way too snug. I even get awesome heel lockdown with zero bowing and some lace gap to spare. This is something that dress shoes from the American and Spanish makers have failed to do for me. They feel like a dream, and I suspect the fit will only get better with time! I sized up a width from my smaller Leo size thanks to good advice from Wyatt.

In another life I would have said these look clunky, but the fit and feel is so worth any fashion misgivings.

View attachment 1361242 View attachment 1361245
View attachment 1361246

Cheap jeans, wonderful shoes.
View attachment 1361243

Cheap socks, glorious shoes.
View attachment 1361244

Carry on!
Classic American cap toe styling, classic American cap toe fit, what more could one need?

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been considering the british tan version of the oxfords for a while since they are more versatile. The black ones, while a necessity, only go with 2 pairs of pants I own. The tan ones would work with several.

Josh Lange

Reaction score
New boots just arrived via UPS. Packaged well, even though I did put on Nitrile gloves to carry box to garage and open it. Strange times we are living in and all. Boots came in typical GS awesome packaging, the new bags, foam insert dividing the boots, the GS towel thing (I don't really know what to use it for, but I like it a lot), the shoehorn and spare flat laces in the little bag. Boots are comfortable! Leather is awesome! Not really blue, not really grey, but yet both. The wedge sole is comfortable right out of the box, but I didn't expect any less. Fit is spot on with my other GS boots, they feel like a Diesel boot, only on a cushy sole :) The leather laces are a bit short to do the around the ankle thing, but a bit too long to tie traditionally, but I'm not a leather lace person anyway, so will be putting in the flat laces provided. For the price, these have to be one of my better boot purchases in the past year. Planning on walking the dog in them later this evening. View attachment 1359864 View attachment 1359865 View attachment 1359866 View attachment 1359867

If you'd like to lace up around the shaft of the boots, skip the speed hooks, otherwise, they probably won't be long enough. This can also give the front of the ankle/shin some relief. We left these laces a bit longer, anticipating the customer cutting them to the length they prefer.

They came and picked them up, along with a couple dozen masks my wife made on her sewing machine (which are not suitable for prevention, but aimed at ancillary personnel). Happy to do my little part.

What a nice gesture, wow!

My Oliver cap toe shoes have caused all of my AE Park Ave's to be relegated to the storage area in the basement. I would jump on an Oliver boot! Wyatt/Josh?????

No boots in the pipeline yet, unfortunately. I hate to be the bearer of bad news...

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will wait patiently. Certainly looking forward to the next Oliver last release later this year.

I did end up ordering the british tan oxfords. Unfortunately, I won't be wearing them outside the house for a while because my cobbler is closed until further notice. Sole guards are necessary with the way I walk. I would think a cobbler would be considered essential as walking is a very important form of travel. Auto shops and bicycle shops are allowed to be open. Why not cobblers?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads