• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BrandonF

Reaction score
^Thanks! I've read/watched on YouTube a few people mention the heel being a bit wide on their shoes. I haven't noticed it too much on my boots though. They fit my weird feet pretty well. Just wish they had more EEE options.

For what it’s worth, I wear an 8.5EEE in Diesel’s and bluchers, but can also wear a 9E in bluchers with thin socks.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Saddle Tan Diesel's for the evening
IMG_1116.jpeg

miggyramone

Reaction score
For what it’s worth, I wear an 8.5EEE in Diesel’s and bluchers, but can also wear a 9E in bluchers with thin socks.
I might eventually try that. I really really like the country shoe in dark drown. Those only come in D and E though.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful day today. Around 60F.

While I intended on being done with purchases for a while I am considering penny loafers in dune CXL. My Rancourt penny loafers should be in later this week. While I’m sure they will be wonderful after waiting a month I can’t help but feel the GS loafers would be a more unique addition. Reason being that the style of the Rancourt ones will be basically the same as my Rancourt camp mocs, ranger mocs, and boat shoes.

Here are a few pictures of today’s shoes.

44299E47-9C84-4827-AF35-036426CA7894.jpeg 76631130-6D44-4E68-8502-C0CA7F09A353.jpeg

Holy patina! Looking good.

@Erikdayo Subbed to your shoelace adventures!
I don’t anticipate too many more adventures but glad to share whatever I do try. Might give the Guarded Goods sapphire leather laces a try with the navy suede Ottawa

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dune CXL penny loafers ordered. Was able to cancel the Rancourt penny loafer order. Still love their handsewns, of course.

Hopefully the clicking is good. I have a feeling it will be. The shaft area on the crimson cap toes I tried wasn’t the greatest on one of the boots in my first order, but the vamp looked great. Think I am overly picky about certain things. I figure on something that uses far less leather like these loafers the chances of losing the CXL lottery are much lower.

Anyone here have well broken in GS CXL loafers? Curious how they’re looking. Thanks.

lcdx22

Reaction score
So my first pair of GS shoes is in. I've been on the fence and then noticed these Ivory suede PTBs that were on sale and pulled the trigger.

They just came in and I threw them on quickly to check the fit so please ignore the pulled up jogging pants. I love them!!!

The fit is good but the heel feel like it ha slight slip. I noticed the insole at the heel is pretty tall. Does this settle down after some wear?

IMG_20200225_203952.jpg

These are not going out anytime soon, but any pretreatment recommendations prior to wearing them out?

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So my first pair of GS shoes is in. I've been on the fence and then noticed these Ivory suede PTBs that were on sale and pulled the trigger.

They just came in and I threw them on quickly to check the fit so please ignore the pulled up jogging pants. I love them!!!

The fit is good but the heel feel like it ha slight slip. I noticed the insole at the heel is pretty tall. Does this settle down after some wear?

View attachment 1344298

These are not going out anytime soon, but any pretreatment recommendations prior to wearing them out?
Yes, once your foot molds(?) the foot bed, heel slip will diminish. My. go to for suede is Tarrago Nano Spray. Once dry, doesn't change the color at all, but liquids/stuff just rolls off.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

View attachment 1344298

I should add, that of all the GS shoes, those are my personal favorite. I love the Ivory suede, which is why I was keen to get the Ivory suede Ottawa's. Now I would love a pair of Ivory suede Diesel's....... You are going to love the shoes as a summer shoe!

lcdx22

Reaction score
Yes, once your foot molds(?) the foot bed, heel slip will diminish. My. go to for suede is Tarrago Nano Spray. Once dry, doesn't change the color at all, but liquids/stuff just rolls off.

Ok that makes me feel better and thanks for the product tip.

I should add, that of all the GS shoes, those are my personal favorite. I love the Ivory suede, which is why I was keen to get the Ivory suede Ottawa's. Now I would love a pair of Ivory suede Diesel's....... You are going to love the shoes as a summer shoe!

Yeah I am excited for the spring/ summer so I can throw these babies on. My suede PTB collection is about to from from 0 to 3. In addition to this pair I have 2 incoming AE suede TS pairs coming in.

Once these wear in and fit stays good I think a GS crimson CXL PTB may be in my future.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads