• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The vamp break on that pair looks great. What denim is that?
I got really lucky on these boots. The vamp break is nearly symmetrical on both sides. My other shoes haven’t been so fortunate, but I love them all the same.

The jeans are Uniqlo skinny jeans. I have not ventured into nicer pants just yet. For whatever reason though I’ve been spending quite a bit on shoes I have been content with cheaper clothes. Perhaps that’ll change when I look at other areas of this forum. Have hardly ventured out of the Alden and Grant Stone threads.

Turns31

Reaction score
More laces to try out. Can’t decide whether I like these more than the flat laces in the same color. Also ordered the thinner round laces to compare.

These laces in both brown and whiskey don’t work for me on the bourbon diesel. The darker brown on the leather laces just seems more right. Same goes for the thicker flat laces. I do have some hope that one of those pairs will work on the midnight suede Ottawa whenever that arrives. Or maybe some tan leather laces.

View attachment 1341813
If it were me, I'd try to find some thin flat waxed laces that are dark like the welt. Too many different shades of brown going on.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it were me, I'd try to find some thin flat waxed laces that are dark like the welt. Too many different shades of brown going on.
I have those sort of laces, and the stock ones are a dark brown as well albeit a bit long. I do agree that the dark brown is a good look and didn't imagine switching to these lighter laces with the darker welt at first. Both the dark brown and these whiskey/beige go quite well. The lighter laces just stand out a bit in comparison

BrandonF

Reaction score
I got really lucky on these boots. The vamp break is nearly symmetrical on both sides. My other shoes haven’t been so fortunate, but I love them all the same.

The jeans are Uniqlo skinny jeans. I have not ventured into nicer pants just yet. For whatever reason though I’ve been spending quite a bit on shoes I have been content with cheaper clothes. Perhaps that’ll change when I look at other areas of this forum. Have hardly ventured out of the Alden and Grant Stone threads.

Ha, I’m in the same boat (with clothes) since I have young kids with sticky fingers. I can keep my shoes nice, clothes are a different story.

TheWolf

Reaction score
Got b grade bourbon suede travelers today. Man I love this suede. I’m pretty sure the defect is a welt stitching cosmetic thing. It’s literally the part I walk on and it won’t mess with the stability or longevity of the shoe, so I’m ok with it.
They are drying from the tarrago nano spray now.
B6B7A0C8-3146-480A-8318-5753A4617A44.jpeg

TheWolf

Reaction score
These suede travelers are fantastic. They almost feel like slippers. The lining is so smooth and soft. Overall, I like them even better than my dune travelers. Well done GS! Thank you!

miggyramone

Reaction score
I'm really into GS's Long wing in Crimson CXL. I own a pair of Diesel boots and the fit is pretty good. Should I use the same size? I know they are both on the Leo last, but just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

BrandonF

Reaction score
I'm really into GS's Long wing in Crimson CXL. I own a pair of Diesel boots and the fit is pretty good. Should I use the same size? I know they are both on the Leo last, but just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

I wear the same size in both. If you have heel slip in the boots, it may be more pronounced in the bluchers though, as the heel is lower.

miggyramone

Reaction score
^Thanks! I've read/watched on YouTube a few people mention the heel being a bit wide on their shoes. I haven't noticed it too much on my boots though. They fit my weird feet pretty well. Just wish they had more EEE options.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Same size in both for me, which is why I'm going to be listing a pair of GS Bluchers on the GS B/S/T thread in a while. Wrong size :(

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics