• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AJ1

Reaction score
Contrast is what really does it for me with these boots..great makeup 528E7913-624D-4127-B8DD-85CAF80DA3B3.jpeg

Josh Lange

Reaction score
@GrantStone Are there any plans, that you can share with us, for new leather options this year?

We have an incoming order from the factory either this week or next! Looking forward to a couple of new color ups (quite a bit of suede and a pebble grain) in existing styles. More details to follow.

@GrantStone what else do you have coming in the antique cognac pebble grain?

You should see more details here in the next week!

alset_rl

Reaction score

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The bourbon suede looks so good. I would jump on it if it came with a leather sole.

@GrantStone please make upcoming new boots with a leather sole option.
I posted a +1 for the leather sole option, but we need to realize, that outside of shoe/boot people (like here) rubber sole is the more popular option with the general shoe/boot buying public. I hate to say this, but I don't think GS could survive on only the product SF guys buy :)

adrs1157

Reaction score
I have been following Grant stone since the beginning and I absolutely enjoy watching the changes happen in real time. But I have yet to own a pair! I'm holding out hoping to see some sleeker construction elements. That, and Canadian customs screw you for buying anything made in China. But I digress.

My Grant Stone wish list:
- flat welts
- closer trim
- 270 degree welts
- more stained edges (and leather soles)
- a chiseled boot last
- pull loops

I'm curious to see leo last on a flat 270 degree welt.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t see how a flat welt would make it more sleek personally. It would make the last look more chunky.

looking forward to seeing this company continue evolving though.

Edit: for comparison on the Barrie last.

flat welt: https://www.brickmortarseattle.com/...8-shell-cordovan-perforated-straight-tip-boot

reverse welt: https://www.brickmortarseattle.com/high-boots/color-8-shell-cordovan-9-eyelet-straight-tip-boot

While both look great I think the flat welt makes the boot, especially the toe box, look a bit more chunky. Flat welts tend to work better on sleeker lasts. The GS oxfords I got look great with a flat welt. Aberdeen, Plaza, and other sleeker Alden lasts look great with a flat welt.

Curious whether GS will use the last they use for their oxfords for any boots in the future.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads