• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If I didn't have the midnight suede on preorder I would be getting these for sure. They are beautiful. One of my favorite things on the midnight suede version though is the light colored stitching contrasting the dark blue. Think that is what puts it slightly higher on the list for me.
I have those as well, and love them. Agree it's the stitching that does it on them for me as well. Sold off a pair of Alden blue suede NST's to get the GS Blue suede, liked the look that much.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just ordered the Bourbon Traveler's. Going on vacation in 10 days, hoping to take these with.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First work day this week without rain. Good time to bring out the leather soles.

FE6CD31E-F598-4881-9DD1-C336C8887657.jpeg

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bourbon suede diesel and black calf oxfords on the way. Because of this I am going to sell my few remaining Aldens. Seems my footwear collection will be exclusively Grant Stone and Rancourt for now. I have lots of love for Alden's style and tradition, but my experience has been more misses than hits in regards to quality control. Quite honestly I feel much happier when I put on my Grant Stones. I don't expect perfection, but I feel like there is too much of a lottery with some of the other (more expensive) brands I have tried up til now. Having a lot more confidence in the product, and for a lower price, goes a long way for me.

nws

Reaction score
@GrantStone I would love a Diesel boot with Honey Glazed Shell and double leather sole that is on the saddle tan veg version. Any plans to offer this makeup shortly? Size 11.5D please :)

I love shell and the light color of honey glazed. I think the saddle tan would darken too much over time for what I want.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@GrantStone I would love a Diesel boot with Honey Glazed Shell and double leather sole that is on the saddle tan veg version. Any plans to offer this makeup shortly? Size 11.5D please :)

I love shell and the light color of honey glazed. I think the saddle tan would darken too much over time for what I want.
Saddle Tan does darken a bit over time. Snowing out, so staying in. Saddle Tan Diesel boots for relaxing at home.
IMG_0867.jpeg

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quick question can I still change sizing for shell preorders (loafer and the plain toe boot)? Or is it too late?

Unfortunately its probably too late. Can you send me a DM with your order number and size change request?

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

nws

Reaction score

@GrantStone ready to put a full deposit down to start a pre-order for this makeup if anyone else wants to join. Possibly add a commando sole like Alden commando.

This in honey glazed shell plus commando sole ?
Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 1.58.26 PM.png

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@GrantStone ready to put a full deposit down to start a pre-order for this makeup if anyone else wants to join. Possibly add a commando sole like Alden commando.

This in honey glazed shell plus commando sole ?
View attachment 1336265
It would be a beautiful boot, I don't think GS has ever had a commando sole. They have that Dainite-like studded rubber sole, but I agree a Commando (not full A/T lug) would be a great addition to the sole options.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics