• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I ask my wife why she liked the color/look of the Sneakers Wyatt posted the other day, then I looked down and saw she was wearing the women's version of basically the same thing (and color).......guess that answered that question.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Double dose today, Indy in 8 from yesterday and a little tone on tone suede with cords for my guy @audog!

IMG_20200125_111610.jpg
IMG_20200126_110452.jpg

xghostsniperx

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I have a pair of Dune Longwings on eBay and Grailed, worn once. I hate to part with them but they just aren't formal enough for my workplace. They come with everything from the original box.

Priced at $225, but open to negotiation.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I have a pair of Dune Longwings on eBay and Grailed, worn once. I hate to part with them but they just aren't formal enough for my workplace. They come with everything from the original box.

Priced at $225, but open to negotiation.

There is a GS Buy/Sell/Trade thread here:

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here have both the Grant Stone Travelers and C&J Cavendish loafers, and if so could you compare the fit of the two?

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello, I just ordered my first pair of Grant Stone Diesel Boots in Crimson Chromexcel.

Some of u might now me to be a bit OCD about leather care and conditioning. Leather becoming dry or being unconditioned/under-condition can give me stress .. LOL..

Because of which i have a few leather conditioners.

This is my first pair of Chromexcel boots/shoes. I have never owned anything in this type of leather.

So i was hoping the people can let me know their shoe care regime and/or the products they find best to use on chromexcel.

As of now i have the following leather conditioners with me which i can use on chromexcel:

1. Saphir Medaille d'Or Renovateur
2. Chamberlain's Leather Milk Boot & Shoe Cream Formula No. 6
3. Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP
4. Leather Honey Leather Conditioner
5. Doctill Leather CARE Balm

Which one do u recommend ? or should i use a combination of them ?

Screenshot 2020-01-27 at 3.23.17 PM.png

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello, I just ordered my first pair of Grant Stone Diesel Boots in Crimson Chromexcel.

Some of u might now me to be a bit OCD about leather care and conditioning. Leather becoming dry or being unconditioned/under-condition can give me stress .. LOL..

This is my first pair of Chromexcel boots/shoes. I have never owned anything in this type of leather.

So i was hoping the people can let me know their shoe care regime and/or the products they find best to use on chromexcel.

As of now i have the following leather conditioners with me which i can use on chromexcel:

View attachment 1325201
Congrats! First thing, don't over think it. I don't actually own anything in CXL, but it seems to be quite resilient. When in doubt, VSC, brush, wear and enjoy!

Darkkp

Reaction score

View attachment 1325201
Unless you want your boots to be shiny I would stay away from Saphir Medaille d'Or Renovateur. I use the Saphir greasy leather cream to treat my CXL boots, it is not as shiny as Renovateur and it is neatsfoot oil based so it doesn't darken the leather. I would stay away from Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP unless you really need to waterproof the leather for heavy duty wear. Obenauf's just darken the leather a lot that you loose the luster and color variation you get from CXL.

BrandonF

Reaction score
Just use VSC on them. It will give them a slight shine and won’t appreciable darken them. If you want a more matte finish then you’d want the Saphir greasy leather, but I’ve never tried that.

CXL doesn’t need much conditioning, just brushing.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

View attachment 1325201
Congrats! First thing, don't over think it. I don't actually own anything in CXL, but it seems to be quite resilient. When in doubt, VSC, brush, wear and enjoy!
Unless you want your boots to be shiny I would stay away from Saphir Medaille d'Or Renovateur. I use the Saphir greasy leather cream to treat my CXL boots, it is not as shiny as Renovateur and it is neatsfoot oil based so it doesn't darken the leather. I would stay away from Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP unless you really need to waterproof the leather for heavy duty wear. Obenauf's just darken the leather a lot that you loose the luster and color variation you get from CXL.
Just use VSC on them. It will give them a slight shine and won’t appreciable darken them. If you want a more matte finish then you’d want the Saphir greasy leather, but I’ve never tried that.

CXL doesn’t need much conditioning, just brushing.
VSC or Venetian Shoe Balm and a good brush are all they will need. GS sells the VSBalm. The Saphir Greasy leather cream is very good as well. So I guess I'm saying I totally agree with what the others have stated. Enjoy the new boots and post some pictures once you get them :)

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn’t realise GS has Venetian Shoe Balm on their site ..

I’ll send them an email asking if there is some way to add to this my order since they have not shipped yet

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I didn’t realise GS has Venetian Shoe Balm on their site ..

I’ll send them an email asking if there is some way to add to this my order since they have not shipped yet
Actually it's Venetian LEATHER balm, but it's the right stuff

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone also looks at GS Accessories site, but I noticed this morning that deer bones are listed....Cool!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads