• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Nice. What kind of sole are you using? Margom or something proprietary?

I have a pair of Koios and Greats, but I like the look of these. Very sleek and minimal on the stitching in a good way.

Appreciate it. This is a vibram outsole. It seems to be a good outsole, not too heavy but a nice compound.

Looks great! What sort of pattern adjustments do you have in mind? Anything that will change the look from what we see here? Or just subtle things? I'm glad to see Grant Stone doing this sort of shoe, and I definitely plan to buy at least one pair. Hoping you keep them light and comfortable. I had a pair of the aforementioned Butteros, and while I loved the look of them, they were surprisingly heavy for such a shoe, making them a but awkward to walk in at times despite fitting properly.

Will you offer black? And do you have an estimated price? Apologies for all the questions!

Mainly just have some line and proportion issues to resolve. It won’t be a dramatic difference but IMO, much better. I have the tanino and know what you mean. I don’t have the final leather confirmed but would most likely do a black. Sorry, we haven’t just yet.

Big fan of low profile minimalist sneakers. That color looks great. Would definitely be interested in a tan, brown, or cream.

Any chance of a side view? Easier to get an idea of the toe profile that way. Looking forward to updates.

I don’t have any other side photos right now but we are also adjusting the last to address the toe expression so that should be improved next time around as well!

Darkkp

Reaction score
@GrantStone Are there any plans to have a boot in a different cap-toe style, a more casual style? The current version is a bit more dressy.

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Appreciate it. This is a vibram outsole. It seems to be a good outsole, not too heavy but a nice compound.

Mainly just have some line and proportion issues to resolve. It won’t be a dramatic difference but IMO, much better. I have the tanino and know what you mean. I don’t have the final leather confirmed but would most likely do a black. Sorry, we haven’t just yet.

I don’t have any other side photos right now but we are also adjusting the last to address the toe expression so that should be improved next time around as well!

Sounds good! I thought something looked a bit off about the toe, so glad you're tweaking that. Excited for these!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here is a photo of a sneaker we are currently working on for later in the year. This one is still in the early stages and needs quite a few pattern adjustments but it feels good. This sample is using the Badalassi saddle tan. For our factory it's something fun to make since it is different than the GYW products.

This pair we are trying a leather insole bend (not leather lining on foam) with our normal lining and upper. It is a different feel for a sneaker but in a good way (not squishy).

View attachment 1323821
Nice looking sneaker, but......it's.....a.....sneaker (which I don't wear). Oh well, gotta go with what the general public wants to buy. Even though I don't wear sneakers, these will be GS, so may have to try a pair. Would sizing be same as Leo, or 1/2 up?

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@GrantStone Are there any plans to have a boot in a different cap-toe style, a more casual style? The current version is a bit more dressy.

Probably not anytime soon. We are putting together a work boot but that is a ways out and would be a moc and sooner than later plain toe.

Nice looking sneaker, but......it's.....a.....sneaker (which I don't wear). Oh well, gotta go with what the general public wants to buy. Even though I don't wear sneakers, these will be GS, so may have to try a pair. Would sizing be same as Leo, or 1/2 up?

I like it.

You would be a 9 :cheers:

BrandonF

Reaction score
An all white version would be great too @GrantStone , just saying. Will the last fit more like a sneaker or more like the Leo? I wear an 8.5EEE or a 9E, but wear a 10 with most sneakers. I’m assuming only D widths?

From the sample, I feel the shoe is sleeker than competing sneakers (Koio, Greats, etc) in a similar way that balmorals are sleeker than bluchers. That’s just the vibe I get from them, not sure if I’m articulating it properly or if that makes sense. The vamp is just really beautiful.

BrandonF

Reaction score

Nice sneakers like these are a great way to keep things more casual, without resorting to the dreaded dad shoe or trying pull off some trendy Nike when you’re on the wrong side of the age group.

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is the photo you posted the final color of the sneaker?
Nope but I’m really liking the saddle as one of the leathers.
An all white version would be great too @GrantStone , just saying. Will the last fit more like a sneaker or more like the Leo? I wear an 8.5EEE or a 9E, but wear a 10 with most sneakers. I’m assuming only D widths?

From the sample, I feel the shoe is sleeker than competing sneakers (Koio, Greats, etc) in a similar way that balmorals are sleeker than bluchers. That’s just the vibe I get from them, not sure if I’m articulating it properly or if that makes sense. The vamp is just really beautiful.

Right now you would be a 10 then. It is a little fuller than koio & CP. All white would be a good one as well.

Nice sneakers like these are a great way to keep things more casual, without resorting to the dreaded dad shoe or trying pull off some trendy Nike when you’re on the wrong side of the age group.

It’s nice to have the leather trainer option. Even in a lot of offices I hear people say how they feel out of place wearing GYW footwear unless it’s a boot since the other 98% are wearing the likes of Nike or vans.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope but I’m really liking the saddle as one of the leathers.

Right now you would be a 10 then. It is a little fuller than koio & CP. All white would be a good one as well.

It’s nice to have the leather trainer option. Even in a lot of offices I hear people say how they feel out of place wearing GYW footwear unless it’s a boot since the other 98% are wearing the likes of Nike or vans.
What are the chances of getting a color like this? Surely in the minority, but I much prefer it over white.

EF971F5F-5908-4B68-9C5F-E3F35E768D61.jpeg

alset_rl

Reaction score

I can vouch for that. Esp in the bayarea in California where things are very casual. I would be interested to see few more different types of soles on these sneakers.

You would be a 9 :cheers:

I find this amusing! How often does a shoemaker remember a customer's shoe size by his name and recommends them! GS is another level!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads