• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But it's always boot season!

20200116_diesels.jpg

20200116_diesels2.jpg

Turns31

Reaction score
Yes! There will be one new boot for spring (only D widths to start). There will be a few other color-ups as well and finally, a tan suede buck.
Dammit I really don't need to spend any more money on shoes. I'm really hoping they're ugly makeups that I don't like.......

Last edited:

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excited to see some of the new styles coming out!

Continuing to break in my dune Diesels today, so far so good! Afraid to scuff these things up since the leather is so pristine, but I can't avoid the inevitable path of Chromexcel.

BrandonF

Reaction score
Excited to see some of the new styles coming out!

Continuing to break in my dune Diesels today, so far so good! Afraid to scuff these things up since the leather is so pristine, but I can't avoid the inevitable path of Chromexcel.

l think they only get better as they add character. Boots are meant to be boots.

Of course, that’s what I tell myself now that mine are officially broken in. A long weekend traveling, gravel roads and getting caught in a downpour will do that!

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There’s something about leather soled boots that make me hesitate to beat them up. I’ve got plenty of rubber soled ones for that!

Again, lighting makes such a huge difference with these.

I’m not a watch guy but I’m enjoying the Timex my wife got me for Christmas. I've got a natural CXL strap on the way that should be even more suitable.

235C274D-9B2B-493E-961C-229DCDF1FF06.jpeg D4D7204D-E0FB-4516-9A9C-BA458F991862.jpeg

Last edited:

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
l think they only get better as they add character. Boots are meant to be boots.

Of course, that’s what I tell myself now that mine are officially broken in. A long weekend traveling, gravel roads and getting caught in a downpour will do that!

That reminds me, one time I ran two miles during a downpour in my Wolverine 1000 Miles. While completely soaked through, the leather performed admirably and recovered well.

BrandonF

Reaction score
That reminds me, one time I ran two miles during a downpour in my Wolverine 1000 Miles. While completely soaked through, the leather performed admirably and recovered well.

My Dunes look fine after. A little VSC and some darkening. And the leather looks more worn and less new. But that has to happen sometime. I got these and the color specifically because I didn't want to worry about scuffs.

Turns31

Reaction score
Speaking of Dune Diesels, the rubber sole pair (yes I also have leather sole pair), waiting for the snow expected in a little while, which is to be followed by freezing rain (possible 1/2 inch of ice and then turn to just cold rain overnight) Winter. View attachment 1319071
That hit us last night. Temps dropped all day yesterday and ended up in the teens. Rained and sleeted all night and morning. No way I was wearing my leather-soled GS today.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads