• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
How long does the pre-order run?

I believe the pre order will run through the 16th.

Thanks for all of the support. This is definitely one of the louder makeups considering how light the upper and welt is. I don’t think we will end up doing kudu all the time but when we do, it might lean towards the more fun/unique pattern combinations.

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Turns31 Good call on the gunmetal eyelets, I didn't notice that difference at first. I would be more naturally inclined to go with the Ottawa over the Diesel because it looks more balanced to my eye with the rubber sole and extra stitching. But the gunmetal eyelets are a notch in favor of team Diesel. Perhaps since this is a preorder they will allow customization of eyelet metal.

@audog I like the idea of a boot on the Oliver last.

amiga505

Reaction score
I am happy.

after a month of apprehensive waiting my sister brought a pair of Ottawas I ordered. the fit is spot on! thanks for suggestions in this thread, especially from @M635Guy and of course folks from @GrantStone who advised me via email. the boots are just superb!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am happy.

after a month of apprehensive waiting my sister brought a pair of Ottawas I ordered. the fit is spot on! thanks for suggestions in this thread, especially from @M635Guy and of course folks from @GrantStone who advised me via email. the boots are just superb!

View attachment 1314948
They look awesome, wear in good health!

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I am happy.

View attachment 1314948

It sounds like you live overseas and had to gamble a bit on sizing. We have had mixed experiences with the international business so I’m always happy to hear when it works out! It’s never fun to be stuck with an item you can’t wear.

PenguinGuy4

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Grant Stone has plans for making a tassel loafer model? I think that could be pretty great.

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@GrantStone Who do I have to bribe to get a cap toe boot in Dune with a natural welt and those sexy gunmetal eyelets?

There will be some more cap toe boots coming this year but can’t promise that one.

Does anyone know if Grant Stone has plans for making a tassel loafer model? I think that could be pretty great.

We are developing one now! Its going to be little different than most of the current tassels. We are trying to make one that fits more full but can still be worn with a suit. Its pretty tough to do though when the main attraction to the tassel is the sharper last.

This should be ready around fall time.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We are developing one now! Its going to be little different than most of the current tassels. We are trying to make one that fits more full but can still be worn with a suit. Its pretty tough to do though when the main attraction to the tassel is the sharper last.
Oliver last?

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads