• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Saleemmd

Reaction score
GS diesel today.

Attachments

• 9B01AD36-F2E1-44A8-A39C-B5CD73100ED5.jpeg
    9B01AD36-F2E1-44A8-A39C-B5CD73100ED5.jpeg
    196.4 KB · Views: 77
  • E2048A68-72B3-4B98-97FB-6BFA516ECED9.jpeg
    E2048A68-72B3-4B98-97FB-6BFA516ECED9.jpeg
    236.3 KB · Views: 87

American_Psycho11

Reaction score
Really strongly thinking about the Grant Stone penny loafers but I have heard different things about sizing. I am a 8.5UK on a Brannock
Their site says to go down half a size but I've read they run narrow and to go up a width
Anyone have any insight?

Kkstpattisday

Reaction score
Hey Wyatt and co., could we get a waxed tobacco or lighter brown suede Chukka in the future? I am looking for a waxed or sueded finish in lighter brown than than the earth as a counterpart to my crimson chukka. These are my favorite footwear by far but I don’t want to f them up too much running muddy trails to catch surf. Would rather sip bourbon by the fire with these brown beasts. That tobacco looks less formal and super hardworking plus that crepe sole is the absolute best. Look forward to the future, KK

jam tangan

Reaction score
Grant stone in dune. Thanks to @manowar for the boots.

These were for sizing purposes. Starting from the speed hooks, the laces are very pulled together but that's okay as this pair was stretched out. Very comfortable boots! I will he purchasing more in the future

Edit - In case anyone cares about sizing. I'm a 10.5 on the brannock device. 10.5 in all sneakers.

Took a 10D on the boots and they fit

nice pictures. thanks!

10.5 on a brannock device means that your foot is 27.5 cm.
10.5 on all sneakers means you prefer a snug fit.
right?

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice pictures. thanks!

10.5 on a brannock device means that your foot is 27.5 cm.
10.5 on all sneakers means you prefer a snug fit.
right?

Thanks. No, all my sneakers fit comfortably with about 1 inch of room in the front. My toes can easily move around with no rubbing. Of course everyone's feet are different

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What will the differences in makeup be for the Diesel vs the Edward in color 8 CXL?

Personally, things I really want to see are a perforated cap toe boot and a wingtip boot. I recall you saying that wingtip boots are in the works but a long way off.

The edward will have flat black welts with a black edge stain which really transforms this make-up. The diesel will have natural welts and stain.

We are working on both a wingtip and perf cap toe boot now. I feel like both of them could make an appearance late next year.

This is wonderful news. Edward on flat welt is such a beautiful make-up, cleanest lines I have seen. Leather or rubber sole for the upcoming model?

Thank you! The color 8 chromexcel will be on a rubber sole.

when can we expect Ottawa-Boots (chromexel; pebble) on the Cavity-Wedge-Sole?

Sorry, no plans for this!

Really strongly thinking about the Grant Stone penny loafers but I have heard different things about sizing. I am a 8.5UK on a Brannock
Their site says to go down half a size but I've read they run narrow and to go up a width
Anyone have any insight?

If you are an 8.5UK and routinely wear 8.5UK dress shoes (or 9D US in American shoes or sneakers), most customers would wear 8.5D in the loafer. That being said, it would be probably good to know what shoes you are currently wearing and those sizes as the conversion between UK & US is not consistent. Please feel free to send a DM.
Just for your reference, this loafer does not run narrow, but is actually quite full in the toe box compared to most loafers.

Hey Wyatt and co., could we get a waxed tobacco or lighter brown suede Chukka in the future? I am looking for a waxed or sueded finish in lighter brown than than the earth as a counterpart to my crimson chukka. These are my favorite footwear by far but I don’t want to f them up too much running muddy trails to catch surf. Would rather sip bourbon by the fire with these brown beasts. That tobacco looks less formal and super hardworking plus that crepe sole is the absolute best. Look forward to the future, KK

We are working on another brown suede colorway for this chukka but we don't have a timeline just yet! By the end of next year, there should be a couple more chukka options including non-crepe soles.

lfzhao5

Reaction score
The edward will have flat black welts with a black edge stain which really transforms this make-up. The diesel will have natural welts and stain.

We are working on both a wingtip and perf cap toe boot now. I feel like both of them could make an appearance late next year.

perf cap toe boot on any shell cordovan color, or any cap toe boot = i'm going to make script and spam buy

and good bye savings~

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wingtip and perf cap toe boots are exciting news!
Agreed too bad it's a year away, although my wallet is probably ok with that.

@GrantStone Anything EEE to look forward to before the end of the year (beyond what has been added to the EEE page on the site)?

Last edited:

Kkstpattisday

Reaction score

Thank you! The color 8 chromexcel will be on a rubber sole.

Sorry, no plans for this!

If you are an 8.5UK and routinely wear 8.5UK dress shoes (or 9D US in American shoes or sneakers), most customers would wear 8.5D in the loafer. That being said, it would be probably good to know what shoes you are currently wearing and those sizes as the conversion between UK & US is not consistent. Please feel free to send a DM.
Just for your reference, this loafer does not run narrow, but is actually quite full in the toe box compared to most loafers.

We are working on another brown suede colorway for this chukka but we don't have a timeline just yet! By the end of next year, there should be a couple more chukka options including non-crepe soles.
Thank you for giving me a makeup to look forward to in 2022. You guys are outstanding and wish you all the best.

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't do Instagram but #JC Cole's are fantastic!

20211012_181218.jpg

Check them out at Shoemart and you'll thank me later if you are a 10.5D (a few 8-10's and 13's still around too). I am thinking these have a little lower instep than the Leo but feel just like it everywhere else.

p.s. This is not off-topic

Olof69

Reaction score

Check them out at Shoemart and you'll thank me later if you are a 10.5D (a few 8-10's and 13's still around too). I am thinking these have a little lower instep than the Leo but feel just like it everywhere else.

Same as Leo lengthwise?

Last edited:

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same as Leo lengthwise?
Yes, the fit is comparable in length and width. I have a pair of longwings on the way also. They are discontinuing this line of shoes apparently, and the value is outstanding.

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
thanks for the info.
Could you advise the size? - the question with my measurements and examples was formulated immediately after the question about the sole (on the previous page).

Most customers with these measurements and current sizing would wear a 10.5D.

Agreed too bad it's a year away, although my wallet is probably ok with that.

@GrantStone Anything EEE to look forward to before the end of the year (beyond what has been added to the EEE page on the site)?
Right around December and January we should have all of the brass boots coming in EEE along with a black cxl brass boot on a wedge sole and a tan essex diesel boot.

Thank you for giving me a makeup to look forward to in 2022. You guys are outstanding and wish you all the best.

Thank you!

View attachment 1684279

The shoemart owners are amazing people as well and really know their stuff.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads