• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bluemaxwell

Reaction score
This is a tough one. We are considering going into a EE or EEE. The single E
If the Leo E fits you really well, the EE would be a better option in the UK last. The Chelea (UK last) is slightly narrower in the ball area.

It has not! The only other contrast upper/welt shoe with eyelets was
They aren't but I totally agree, the burgundy and purple kudus are great.

This is a tough one. We are considering going into a EE or EEE. The single E width is so similar to the D that many of our customers still wont be able to wear them unless we go into a wider option. Still contemplating this one!

The ostrich looks unreal, although it may not be for most. Reverse kudu is really nice and will be considered down the road as we grow the kudu line.

So... any chance at a EEE Chelsea in 2021?

ronscuba

Reaction score
Yeah, I’d be wearing it exclusively with suits, mostly navy or medium/dark grey. Figure it would work well with both for a conservative shoe with a bit more personality than plain brown. Not a huge fan of black (have a cheap pair of Beckett Simonon just for the odd occasion I need to wear black).

Currently I have a pair of AE Park Aves in burgundy and Strands in walnut. Would love to replace both (with Chocolate and British Tan) as they are a bit snug in 9E despite getting sized at the store. I fell victim to thinking that’s how shoes should fit. I’ve had them stretched, but they still are uncomfortable after a few hours and the laces don’t close enough.

Of course this would be later this year as can’t see myself needing to wear a suit until I’m meeting people in person. I usually just wear a navy blazer on Zoom, along with jeans or khakis and whatever shoe/boot I’m rocking that day.
Dress shoe fit is trickier for me vs. boots. Boots with more laces lets me lock down the heel, but keep the toes looser. Can't do that with dress shoes.

GS oxford fit wider than AE and the soles are stiffer which makes proper heel fit important. The GS 9E should fit you less snug than the AE

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]
Any plans for a shell Oxford? Or any other new colors?

Nothing planned so far. The oxford line-up is important to us but it has been a slow starter. Working from home probably hasn't helped much either. I'm hoping it can grow the selection over time, it just might move slower than the casual patterns.

That would be cool but...

@GrantStone reminds me of the early days of Dell computer when they could react to customer requests and use newer technologies faster than "the big boys" because they were small, nimble, and customer focused. As Grant Stone grows, I really hope they can continue with innovative designs/offerings rather than become the same as the "other guys". That also means we should ask Grant Stone for things we cannot already get from other companies and will remain unique to Grant Stone's offerings. As an example, who else is making a quality Dirty Buck these days?

Just a simple compliment and my humble opinion.

Thank you :cheers:

So... any chance at a EEE Chelsea in 2021?

Mayyyybe at the end of '21 but this is not confirmed just yet.

Any plans for a Kudu chelsea makeup? Or any other new chelseas on the 2021 menu?

The only Chelsea underway right now is dune CXL and a tan suede. These should be available early summer. The tan suede will be ready first.

delmar

Reaction score
The UPS guy just dropped these off--rubber soled kudus. They do have a little bit more of a thick, soft, supple, pinchable feel to them than cowhide. Now I'm fired up about seeing what they'll have to offer in ostrich, to add to my exotic collection.
. kudu pair.jpg

BrandonF

Reaction score
@GrantStone Any chance you would do a EE in any of your boots with the Leo last? I'm finding that the E is too tight, but the EEE is just a little too loose. I feel like the EE would be the goldilocks zone for me.

What about going up half a size in E, or down half a size in EEE? My E vs EEE is a whole size apart (8.5EEE vs 9.5E; 9E is too tight and 9EEE too big).

BrandonF

Reaction score
The UPS guy just dropped these off--rubber soled kudus. They do have a little bit more of a thick, soft, supple, pinchable feel to them than cowhide. Now I'm fired up about seeing what they'll have to offer in ostrich, to add to my exotic collection.
. View attachment 1558602

I bought mine on impulse when they first were available for preorder, then had some regrets while I waited, and now they're one of my favorite and most-worn boots. Such great leather and can be worn with no worries. Every scuff just adds character. I think the Ottawa is the best pattern for it, although it would look great as a Brass Boot too.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got a shipping notification for my Maduro shell Edward Boot! Very excited to get them. I’ve got a pair of shell PTB but this will be my first pair of boots from GS!

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@GrantStone Any chance you would do a EE in any of your boots with the Leo last? I'm finding that the E is too tight, but the EEE is just a little too loose. I feel like the EE would be the goldilocks zone for me.

Sorry, we don't have these lasts or patterns. The only option (which you may have tried already) is going down half a size and staying in EEE. We have found when in-between widths, more customers will find a comfort zone in the wider width.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads