• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thoughts on the Storm Kudu after 4 hours on the feet.
First- they feel just.....like.....diesel boots, great fit, great finish.
Second - they are going to break in and wear in just great. Already have scarped and scuffed them a bit, and they just look better.
Third - this is a unique color of boot, wife said "Oh Grey boots, what are you going to wear with them other than denim?" But that is fine with me, as I like denim. I have a feeling that the Kudu is going to be one of those leathers that when someone says, "We need to move/work/fix/shingle/build....." one can throw the Kudu on and not worry about them at all. Scrapes? Nicks? Dings? I think they will only add to the aesthetic. Carry on.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have to admit it, I'm not easy on boots
IMG_3325.jpeg

BrandonF

Reaction score
I’m now even more excited for my September delivery, thanks for making the wait harder @audog !

I wear denim most days of the week, so I think the color will be an easy pair for me. Looking forward to a boot that I can let be a boot (I know Dune also can just be a boot, but they look so nice polished I tend to baby them).

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m now even more excited for my September delivery, thanks for making the wait harder @audog !

I wear denim most days of the week, so I think the color will be an easy pair for me. Looking forward to a boot that I can let be a boot (I know Dune also can just be a boot, but they look so nice polished I tend to baby them).
First, you are welcome :)
Second, I know what you mean about Dune and Saddle tan for that matter. I tend to "baby" certain boots, even though they are boots. the Kudu seems, upon first wear, to be a damn tough leather.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got no photos, but today wife wanted to get some "decorative grasses" to put along the border of her massive Hosta beds. Trip to nursery, and planting 10 pots of decorative grasses in the Dune Ottawa's, in the light rain, preceding the massive thunderstorm was fun. Damn Ottawa boots are awesome!!!!! Got 2 compliments on them at the Nursery, hopefully one of the two will contact/order GS as I gave both guys the info.....Everyone have a great rest of the weekend!

Darkishhaddock

Reaction score
There will be a couple cap toe boots coming in around June and more Edward boots this fall.

@GrantStone - can you give a sneak peek into the cap toe options you guys are working on? I am really close to pressing the buy button on the crimson cap toe but don’t want to regret missing out for a pair I won’t wear for another 4 months. Also I really like the flat welt on the waxy boot and it would look great on the cap toes which are the biz cas boots in your portfolio.

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Non-GS

Some goodies from Ashland Leather just arrived, 3 wallets and 4 custom-size belts.
Fat Herbie + Belt in Natural CXL for Grant Stone Dune pairs.
Fat Herbie + Belt in English Tan Dublin for my AE McTavish in ETD.
The pull-up effect on the ETD belt is very dramatic, more than the other three which are CXL.
The CXL belts are a bit thicker than the ET Dublin.
The buckles on the belts are pretty hefty.

02 (1).jpg
03 (1).jpg
06 (1).jpg
07 (1).jpg

09 (1).jpg
20200624_122629 (1).jpg

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@GrantStone - can you give a sneak peek into the cap toe options you guys are working on? I am really close to pressing the buy button on the crimson cap toe but don’t want to regret missing out for a pair I won’t wear for another 4 months. Also I really like the flat welt on the waxy boot and it would look great on the cap toes which are the biz cas boots in your portfolio.

So as someone with shoes in the triple digits (I have 101 pairs of AE alone) I'm telling you, you NEED the crimson captoe - easily in my top 5.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads