• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Indeed, tried them on with thicker crew socks and they felt better. Unfortunately, I'm wanting to use these with my regular dress socks. I'm just concerned about making allowances upon purchase...I've done so in the past and ended up selling at loss. If this were a boot it would be a different story.
Completely understand. I've compromised on a few purchases in the past and quickly regretted it.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today’s shoes. hoping to add another pair or two of GS footwear later this year based on what I’ve heard

0B2E1A31-7BB2-4D4E-94EE-21CC3753E25D.jpeg

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can you compare to the ottawa / diesel / captoe in fit? I have zero trouble with the captoe but we've been over my issues with the diesel ad nauseam:). Also wondering how stiff the waxy upper would be in comparison to cxl. Thanks very much.

These three boots are all made on the Leo last so fit variations should be minimal so there wouldn't be any reason to go up or down in size. The main factor would be the leather being used and its ability to stretch or it's forgiveness which can make a big difference.

A perfect example is I have some no-show socks that are thicker than most. I will only wear those socks with my suede travelers because the non-suede loafers feel too tight and have very little give. Sockless, both loafers feel fine so it's not so much that one is bigger than the other, just the elasticity.

The waxy commander is somewhere in the middle. It's a shrunken waxed suede so it's not forgiving as suede, but not as tight as a calf leather. We are using a medium thickness (1.6-1.8mm) which seems to be a good balance.

LatAm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha, perhaps I did. But to be fair, Grant Stone had a lot to do with it! They are also worn relatively little, and oft-maintained. I think they'll look a little rougher in time.

They look fantastic! They've certainly had a lot of care and attention.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am super stoked that the navy suede Ottawa is back for pre-order in EEE sizes for under $300. The 8E I tried in the bourbon suede was just too tight, even thought it was the perfect length.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Auctioning Off Shoes for Charity

Hi everyone, I’ve had some Grant Stone Ivory Traveler loafers sz 9.5D up on eBay for a minute, but I was just thinking - since I'm going to be donating the money I get from the sale let’s make it fun and open it up to the Styleforum community for a bit of bidding for a good cause.

The auction will run until EOD Sunday, June 14th, and all proceeds will benefit the NAACP Legal Action Fund to address police brutality issues in the community.

Bidding process: please quote this post and enter a bid amount that’s higher than the post before it. The highest bidder will then PayPal F&F me the amount on the bid. I will add $50 to the total, and submit a donation to NAACP Legal Action Fund. I will then send that user the shoes on my dime (as long as y'all are in the US/Canada, pretty please).

Bidding starts at $25 - let’s get it!!

D4AE5843-0593-40D8-B307-D79DB784258A_1_105_c.jpeg

standard_resolution.jpg

Traveler Penny Loafer in Ivory Suede
Sz 9.5D, fits 10D US

I love these, they're amazing. Super soft suede, supple leather, very very little wear, maybe like 3-5 times. They are absolutely perfect otherwise.

More photos on ebay here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/SUMMER-Gra...de-Penny-Loafer-sz-9-5D-fits-10D/133428095173

Perfect summer shoe. Comes with box and shoe bags (I lost the bottle opener - RIP).

Edit: changed charity organization from ACLU to NAACP Legal Action Fund after doing a bit more research on which one would be most effective. Thank you!

Last edited:

BrandonF

Reaction score
Oh man, now I can’t wait until September. Got in on the second preorder for Kudu Ottawa’s as well.

Chrikelnel

Reaction score
Auctioning Off Shoes for Charity

Hi everyone, I’ve had some Grant Stone Ivory Traveler loafers sz 9.5D up on eBay for a minute, but I was just thinking - since I'm going to be donating the money I get from the sale let’s make it fun and open it up to the Styleforum community for a bit of bidding for a good cause.

The auction will run until EOD Sunday, June 14th, and all proceeds will benefit the NAACP Legal Action Fund to address police brutality issues in the community.

Bidding process: please quote this post and enter a bid amount that’s higher than the post before it. The highest bidder will then PayPal F&F me the amount on the bid. I will add $50 to the total, and submit a donation to NAACP Legal Action Fund. I will then send that user the shoes on my dime (as long as y'all are in the US/Canada, pretty please).

Bidding starts at $25 - let’s get it!!

View attachment 1401025

View attachment 1401026

Traveler Penny Loafer in Ivory Suede
Sz 9.5D, fits 10D US

I love these, they're amazing. Super soft suede, supple leather, very very little wear, maybe like 3-5 times. They are absolutely perfect otherwise.

More photos on ebay here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/SUMMER-Gra...de-Penny-Loafer-sz-9-5D-fits-10D/133428095173

Perfect summer shoe. Comes with box and shoe bags (I lost the bottle opener - RIP).

Edit: changed charity organization from ACLU to NAACP Legal Action Fund after doing a bit more research on which one would be most effective. Thank you!
I guess I'll start it off, in for the first bid.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads