• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We will continue to add more each year, hopefully growing the number of styles.

Here are a couple of (iPhone) photos of the kudu diesel outside today. One thing for sure is that each pair will have its own look. They are wet from the grass in the second photo.

View attachment 1392008 View attachment 1392009
I'm excited to get them, it looks like they change color depending on light? Digging the sidewalk chalk art as well. Was wearing Diesel boots when granddaughter and I did this:
IMG_2430.jpeg

Darkishhaddock

Reaction score
Sure did. Haven't applied a true paste polish yet. Gotta get some of that High Shine from Pure Polish.

Turned out pretty good. Really nice and clean. I am a complete noob at this but hope the color doesn’t fade or crack in creases and stays uniform. Follow up with a 3 month update to see how they’re progressing.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LAST MINUTE SHINE SUBMISSION!

My 1 off Grant Stone Shell PTB in Alden Color 8.

View attachment 1392320
View attachment 1392321
View attachment 1392322
These really turned out well! I felt for you when I saw the pics of the water damage, but nice work with the dye job as I'm sure it took quite a few hours. Only thing I may change would be the welt color. I think a natural welt, AE chili (close to antique) or mahogany would have been a better for the welt color, but that's just one man's opinion.

Turns31

Reaction score
These really turned out well! I felt for you when I saw the pics of the water damage, but nice work with the dye job as I'm sure it took quite a few hours. Only thing I may change would be the welt color. I think a natural welt, AE chili (close to antique) or mahogany would have been a better for the welt color, but that's just one man's opinion.
Way ahead of you. I thought the AE brown edge dressing would be more like a stain and less like a paint. Already getting suggestions on how to safely remove it without hurting the new shell finish.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm still learning to accept the water damage spots on my british tan cap toes. It's just inevitable since I wear them in rain and snow. Thankfully things are getting better. Not going to get anxiety over a little water or salt damage anymore.

TheWolf

Reaction score
I'm still learning to accept the water damage spots on my british tan cap toes. It's just inevitable since I wear them in rain and snow. Thankfully things are getting better. Not going to get anxiety over a little water or salt damage anymore.
It's hard to do with the beauty and craftsmanship obvious in the finished GS product. It is only natural to want to preserve it. I struggle with the inevitable wear boots show. Personally, I find after a good irreparable ding, I fully embrace the patina.

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics