• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Turns31

Reaction score
Painting cabinets is a PITA!
Cleaning, sanding, primer, sand again, prime again, sand and then 3 coats of Benjamin Moore white melamine paint. 35 cabinet doors, 18 cabinet drawers, big ass island and a desk. Kitchen was under construction for 11 days. You try keeping a bored, quarantined 3 year old away from wet cabinets for that long.

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife finally made me paint all of our kitchen cabinets after telling her I would for 2 years now. I severely underestimated how long it would take. It looks great but damn it's tedious work.
Sprayer?

Turns31

Reaction score
y u no spray?
My cheap Wagner sprayer wasn't working right and I really didn't want to buy another just for this. Also, overspray. I'm pretty artistic and a perfectionist so there's no brush strokes or roll marks anyways.

BrandonF

Reaction score
My wife finally made me paint all of our kitchen cabinets after telling her I would for 2 years now. I severely underestimated how long it would take. It looks great but damn it's tedious work.
Oh I know how that goes. I painted my old nasty 80’s dark oak cabinets nice and white before the last kid was born. It was literally a race against my wife’s due date, finished them about a week before! It took three more years to install the hardware as things go.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just look at all the projects we are all getting done during this stay at home stuff...maybe learning a few new skills while we are at it...I'm on my deck and there are NO, ZERO, NADA people out in the neighborhood, it's kind of surreal. Normally there would be people out, kids playing, dogs barking, but today at 80° nothing. Guess everyone is inside painting cabinets or something :)
IMG_1919.jpeg

BrandonF

Reaction score
I was wondering why your Diesel looks so different, but then I realized it's the whiskey laces again. They look awesome with these boots.
Also very warm lighting!

I ordered another pair of the same laces, but they haven’t arrived yet, so had to steal them from my Dune’s temporarily.

manowar

Reaction score
The laces match the welt pretty perfectly. A little bold for my liking but it's a nice look. Congrats on your new arrival...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.