• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Turns31

Reaction score
Well, looks like I’ll be swapping out the laces again! Here’s a couple of boot photos alongside the AE Higgins Mill.

View attachment 1366071
View attachment 1366072
I really like the look of the HM but literally every single pair I've seen has terrible loose grain. I know cxl is a lottery but it seems Allen Edmonds exclusively uses the fatty bellies to save some money.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really like the look of the HM but literally every single pair I've seen has terrible loose grain. I know cxl is a lottery but it seems Allen Edmonds exclusively uses the fatty bellies to save some money.
I have one pair that is NOT loose grain, and one pair that for sure lost the loose grain lottery. EVERY pair of GS I have is good in the grain department :)

Erikdayo

Reaction score
There's always the suede versions, but I'd rather wait to see what other versions of the Edward boot are released by Grant Stone.

Turns31

Reaction score
There's always the suede versions, but I'd rather wait to see what other versions of the Edward boot are released by Grant Stone.
Same. I got the shell pre-ordered but I would love a dark version of it too. An oxblood color in the Edward ideal.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The trick is Wear Them?
Haha well that too!

With the shoe off, I planted the toe of the shoe into a carpeted floor and used my hand on the heel portion and forced the shoe into the ground and made it flex a few times. Held the flex position for about 10 seconds. It REALLY loosened everything up and made the sole much less stiff and more pliable.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Haha well that too!

With the shoe off, I planted the toe of the shoe into a carpeted floor and used my hand on the heel portion and forced the shoe into the ground and made it flex a few times. Held the flex position for about 10 seconds. It REALLY loosened everything up and made the sole much less stiff and more pliable.
Have done similar myself.

BrandonF

Reaction score
I ordered a deer bone with my order that’s arriving Tuesday! Do you guys just use it with VSC?

TheWolf

Reaction score
Not sure what turns is doing but I’ve used deerbone on cxl and it makes the creases disappear till you wear them next.
I have done the same, and I was amazed at the result. However, like Darkishhaddock said, it basically goes back to how it was with a wear or two. The deer bone is still helpful for the overall appearance of the leather, particularly in areas that don't crease.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.