• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
View attachment 1363940
The Color is exactly what was on the website, a nice warm orange brown. I think they look good as a plain derby - between the color and pebble grain, I think the LWB version might just have a LOT going on.

That said, I’m not 100%sure how to style them. They arnt a “goes with anything” shade of brown, that’s for sure. Might end up sending them back for the crimson CXL LWB.

I’m still sort of lost with my size choice as well. 12D is a nice tight fit that I know will stretch a bit to be perfect, but that’s only with thin dress socks on - can’t even get them on with my thick CHUP socks. 12E is fine but I worry it will stretch too much.

I know this is dependent on personal taste but since this color is on the warmer side, it really looks good with tan or khaki (chinos/slacks) and denim. These two photos have different lighting and gives you an idea of what it looks like with tan chinos.

20191025-1F7A8868-Edit copy.jpg
20191025-1F7A8877 copy.jpg

ZouBirds26

Reaction score
I know this is dependent on personal taste but since this color is on the warmer side, it really looks good with tan or khaki (chinos/slacks) and denim. These two photos have different lighting and gives you an idea of what it looks like with tan chinos.

View attachment 1364118 View attachment 1364119
I like them with both tan/khaki chinos and denim as well.
1585700462459.png

1585700577129.png

Though not as good of pictures

BrandonF

Reaction score
Dune Diesel boots will handle it, no matter what it is, short of perhaps a nuclear accident. Dog park, no problem at all.

Good to know. I was a. bit gun-shy since I've had a few water spots that don't seem to fade along the sides from a pretty big downpour I got caught in. Was worried mud would discolor them.

How do the Saddle Tans fare?

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good to know. I was a. bit gun-shy since I've had a few water spots that don't seem to fade along the sides from a pretty big downpour I got caught in. Was worried mud would discolor them.

How do the Saddle Tans fare?
How do they fare in a downpour? They darken until dry then return to color. My pair have been wet with rain and snow and while a little darker than when new (I think normal wear aging) they still look Saddle Tan
IMG_1416.jpeg

Mr.Chest

Reaction score
View attachment 1363940
The Color is exactly what was on the website, a nice warm orange brown. I think they look good as a plain derby - between the color and pebble grain, I think the LWB version might just have a LOT going on.

That said, I’m not 100%sure how to style them. They arnt a “goes with anything” shade of brown, that’s for sure. Might end up sending them back for the crimson CXL LWB.

I’m still sort of lost with my size choice as well. 12D is a nice tight fit that I know will stretch a bit to be perfect, but that’s only with thin dress socks on - can’t even get them on with my thick CHUP socks. 12E is fine but I worry it will stretch too much.
That brown isn’t a goes with anything brown? It sure looks like it would be but I know photos sometimes don’t do a good job of highlighting colors

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1363940

That brown isn’t a goes with anything brown? It sure looks like it would be but I know photos sometimes don’t do a good job of highlighting colors

Great tips from from the man himself about styling cognac pebble grain. Khaki-colored pants make for a good blank canvas, and quality denim is an easy pairing.

I agree with @ryebreadiest that the rich cognac color is more limiting though, as far as what pairs well with it. A darker, more neutral brown like the fine example by @Mr.Chest is simply more versatile.

ryebreadiest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I took em outside and the sunlight makes them a smidge more orange, but nothing crazy.

I fully admit color matching isn’t a strength of mine but I held them up to about 15 pairs of jeans and chinos of various blues, greys, browns, etc and it just felt like they clashed with a few of the pants compared to a darker brown. For example, I thought they looked odd with my maroon chinos while all my cooler brown shoes are killer.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I definitely feel that a slightly darker and less orange brown is more universal, but I do think that color still goes with most things quite well.

mjkotovsky

Reaction score
Long time lurker and recent Grant Stone fanatic. I really love how y’all include a second set of laces i swapped out the black laces on my black calf pair and it completely changed the dynamic of the shoe. Im holding out on buying another pair with the deals running but will probably give in sooner or later.
A74F9B3D-9BB4-456C-8421-5E8E1846652B.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads