• Styleforum is going on Instagram Live today with Eva Kuhle of Epaulet

Today, Peter talks to Eva Kuhle of Epaulet, a long time Styleforum member and sponsor, in the latest episode in our ongoing series of conversations about COVID-19 and the impact the global pandemic on the menswear industry

Tune in at 4:00 p.m. PDT

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I want the dune longwings, but I also don't want to end up owning 20-30 pairs of Grant Stones. I admittedly think about making use of this sale almost every day.
I didn't either, but it just..got..out..of..hand :) Now, I'm glad that I do, as my "collection" has quite a few no longer available models (Diesel/Ottawa on leather sole, soon to be gone Ivory suede Bluchers and such)

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm going to throw out a plug for one of my favorite GS shoes, soon to be no more :(. If any of you guys are one of the sizes left, grab a pair NOW. The Ivory Suede, leather sole PTB. This is the shoe that AE Boone wanted to be. It's too bad that it is no longer going to be offered, but I understand marketing. If they had any left in my size, I'd buy another pair, they are that good!

Erikdayo

Reaction score
Anyone else here interested in a "dress" boot on the Oliver last?
You know I'm on board. Regardless of the make-up I am basically 100% in if an Oliver lasted boot ever happens. Oliver is my favorite Grant Stone last. Leo last is great too, but I'm looking forward to future Oliver releases more than anything.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You know I'm on board. Regardless of the make-up I am basically 100% in if an Oliver lasted boot ever happens. Oliver is my favorite Grant Stone last. Leo last is great too, but I'm looking forward to future Oliver releases more than anything.
My Oliver cap toe shoes have caused all of my AE Park Ave's to be relegated to the storage area in the basement. I would jump on an Oliver boot! Wyatt/Josh?????

Drzdave58

Reaction score
Being new here, and new to Grantstone boots I have no idea how the Oliver last compares to the Leo last. Are they similar? I wouldn’t mind seeing them come out with a brogue boot tho.

Mr.Chest

Reaction score
Being new here, and new to Grantstone boots I have no idea how the Oliver last compares to the Leo last. Are they similar? I wouldn’t mind seeing them come out with a brogue boot tho.
Oliver is definitely more narrow. I can fit the same size across the board but it is definitely slimmer and more snug.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oliver is more of a "dress shoe" last, whereas Leo is a "work boot" type of last. The Oliver would be slimmer in appearance and fit.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oliver is definitely more narrow. I can fit the same size across the board but it is definitely slimmer and more snug.
That it is, which is why I have shelved all AE PA's, I can get full lace closure with Oliver last and all day comfort. Just a great last, and GS should expand it's usage to boots.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else here interested in a "dress" boot on the Oliver last?
I haven't tried the last as my black cap toe balmoral needs are covered, but would definately buy a boot on it. I love the Leo and Alexander, so no reason to believe Oliver would be any different.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I haven't tried the last as my black cap toe balmoral needs are covered, but would definately buy a boot on it. I love the Leo and Alexander, so no reason to believe Oliver would be any different.
Just a slightly "sleeker" last and I think a boot on it would be killer. Would lend itself to a nice cap toe boot or plain toe boot, maybe even something with some perfing?

Erikdayo

Reaction score
Getting my wingtip Wednesday shot in. Wasn’t planned, but I’m glad I happened to be wearing these on the right day.

Now do I spend another $398 for the final sale wingtip options in both bourbon suede and dune cxl?

A89B2B81-7428-44D9-AEC3-C735FB8C3383.jpeg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.