• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

roz77

Reaction score
This is pretty darn close.
zYWXZu6.jpg

That's mostly indirect light. The color IRL is very consistent and the shafts are a good representation of what mine look like in most light: darker-brown with a red undertone.

I start drooling every time I see this picture. My footwear goal for 2018 is to get a pair of these and a pair of Natty CXL Indy boots to go with my Brown CXL Higgins Mill boots.

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks. So you would not go down a half size?

Hey kbuzz, please allow me to jump in. If you wear a 9D in the Park Ave comfortably, a 8.5D would probably be the best option. We have had many customers (including myself) downsize .5 from the Park Ave to the Leo last. While the 5 last is very long, it's so narrow that most don't share the same size as the Leo. Hope this helps.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I start drooling every time I see this picture. My footwear goal for 2018 is to get a pair of these and a pair of Natty CXL Indy boots to go with my Brown CXL Higgins Mill boots.
Here's what's funny: I've put a ton of miles on these boots. I probably wear them more than any other single thing I own. They don't see a lot of "off-road" use, but it still astounds me how good they look (just like that picture) after easily a couple-hundred miles (possibly well over 300, because I've taken them on several trips where they saw a LOT of walking).

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey kbuzz, please allow me to jump in. If you wear a 9D in the Park Ave comfortably, a 8.5D would probably be the best option. We have had many customers (including myself) downsize .5 from the Park Ave to the Leo last. While the 5 last is very long, it's so narrow that most don't share the same size as the Leo. Hope this helps.
+1 on this

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Shout out to Josh at Grant Stone!!!
I normally have ordered size 9, but ordered a B-stock in 9.5 as 9 was sold out. Josh sent me a text message to verify my order. This is NOT something I would get with other brands. Quickly becoming my favorite brand due to this kind of Customer Service.

Milksteakboiledhard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the pic! Wow those look really nice. Now I just need to decide Crimson CXL or Castagno...

Think of it in terms of what you currently own and what you plan on buying. Go with the Castagno boot/bulcher and then an Ottawa in Crimson. You can't go wrong.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone asked for picture of Ottawa Crimson in real world earlier. Here is pix of one of mine, taken today. Cabinet in background is pretty true to color as are the boots. They are starting to take on a worn patina which only makes them better. View attachment 908494

I am NT generally a fan of cxl but there is nothing I dislike about this boot. Looks really slick, super comfortable and very high quality. Jeans look pretty cool as well. GS is really on fire.

Reaction score
I am NT generally a fan of cxl but there is nothing I dislike about this boot. Looks really slick, super comfortable and very high quality. Jeans look pretty cool as well. GS is really on fire.

Why do you usually dislike CXL? Is it not as durable compared to say Veg Tan leather or French Calf from Grant Stone?

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Jeans are Duluth Trading "relaxed fit" carpenter jeans, they are my go to yard work, general beat the sh*t out of jeans.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads