• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

BrandonF

Reaction score
It would be a beautiful boot, I don't think GS has ever had a commando sole. They have that Dainite-like studded rubber sole, but I agree a Commando (not full A/T lug) would be a great addition to the sole options.
It would be great on that new waxy commander that they’ve teased.

nws

Reaction score
It would be a beautiful boot, I don't think GS has ever had a commando sole. They have that Dainite-like studded rubber sole, but I agree a Commando (not full A/T lug) would be a great addition to the sole options.
I love the low profile lugs on my Alden shell mini tankers with the commando sole. Antique or raw edge looks so good with commando.
commando.jpg

Erikdayo

Reaction score
Commando sole is nice though I'd prefer to not have a commando heel for a better profile, but I guess that doesn't make sense.

regardless here are today’s boots. Another slushy day up in Boston. I haven’t bothered to clean these off yet so they’re looking slightly less pristine than usual.

3A9F8384-DB80-4BEC-A78B-1243AF15DBAF.jpeg

Erikdayo

Reaction score
Does anyone use these on their Grant Stones? https://www.guardedgoods.com/collections/waxed-cotton-laces/products/round-cord-waxed-boot-laces?variant=5871320956957

I'm curious how well these thicker round laces fill out the larger eyelet holes on the Diesel and Ottawa. Curious how well they fill things out compared to the leather laces. I ordered a tan pair of leather laces and a few other things from them that will be arriving today but forward to order some of these thicker round laces. Thanks!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anyone use these on their Grant Stones? https://www.guardedgoods.com/collections/waxed-cotton-laces/products/round-cord-waxed-boot-laces?variant=5871320956957

I'm curious how well these thicker round laces fill out the larger eyelet holes on the Diesel and Ottawa. Curious how well they fill things out compared to the leather laces. I ordered a tan pair of leather laces and a few other things from them that will be arriving today but forward to order some of these thicker round laces. Thanks!
I have used them, but I think the large GG laces are kind of like flexible candles, so use the smaller diameter ones instead. They (Larger) do fit the eyelets nicely

GrantStone

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We have been testing out a new polish and plan on offering it within the next couple weeks. I finally started wearing the honey glazed shell penny a bit and polished it with this neutral wax. Overall, this is a good product and is relatively easy to use.

99.jpg
lk.jpg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We have been testing out a new polish and plan on offering it within the next couple weeks. I finally started wearing the honey glazed shell penny a bit and polished it with this neutral wax. Overall, this is a good product and is relatively easy to use.

View attachment 1336504View attachment 1336505
The tin looks like Pure Polish stuff, and if it is, it IS good (smells nice as well)

GrantStone

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The tin looks like Pure Polish stuff, and if it is, it IS good (smells nice as well)
It is! And it does smell really good, like oranges.

How would this look on your CXL? Does it darken at all?
Nope, this one in the photo is a neutral wax so it has very little effect on the color. Any medium browns or darker would probably have zero effect. I used it on crimson and dune a few times and the results were great.

1CAA5DD5-6C7F-494B-B685-327BA8DA8277.jpeg

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More than likely, very little break-in required with the loafers :)
More like making sure there gonna work with my instep (left foot is messed up from an old injury). Makes loafer fits tough for me. These seem good so far.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.