• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If I didn't have the midnight suede on preorder I would be getting these for sure. They are beautiful. One of my favorite things on the midnight suede version though is the light colored stitching contrasting the dark blue. Think that is what puts it slightly higher on the list for me.
I have those as well, and love them. Agree it's the stitching that does it on them for me as well. Sold off a pair of Alden blue suede NST's to get the GS Blue suede, liked the look that much.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just ordered the Bourbon Traveler's. Going on vacation in 10 days, hoping to take these with.

Erikdayo

Reaction score
Bourbon suede diesel and black calf oxfords on the way. Because of this I am going to sell my few remaining Aldens. Seems my footwear collection will be exclusively Grant Stone and Rancourt for now. I have lots of love for Alden's style and tradition, but my experience has been more misses than hits in regards to quality control. Quite honestly I feel much happier when I put on my Grant Stones. I don't expect perfection, but I feel like there is too much of a lottery with some of the other (more expensive) brands I have tried up til now. Having a lot more confidence in the product, and for a lower price, goes a long way for me.

nws

Reaction score
@GrantStone I would love a Diesel boot with Honey Glazed Shell and double leather sole that is on the saddle tan veg version. Any plans to offer this makeup shortly? Size 11.5D please :)

I love shell and the light color of honey glazed. I think the saddle tan would darken too much over time for what I want.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@GrantStone I would love a Diesel boot with Honey Glazed Shell and double leather sole that is on the saddle tan veg version. Any plans to offer this makeup shortly? Size 11.5D please :)

I love shell and the light color of honey glazed. I think the saddle tan would darken too much over time for what I want.
Saddle Tan does darken a bit over time. Snowing out, so staying in. Saddle Tan Diesel boots for relaxing at home.
IMG_0867.jpeg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

nws

Reaction score

@GrantStone ready to put a full deposit down to start a pre-order for this makeup if anyone else wants to join. Possibly add a commando sole like Alden commando.

This in honey glazed shell plus commando sole 🤤
Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 1.58.26 PM.png

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@GrantStone ready to put a full deposit down to start a pre-order for this makeup if anyone else wants to join. Possibly add a commando sole like Alden commando.

This in honey glazed shell plus commando sole 🤤
View attachment 1336265
It would be a beautiful boot, I don't think GS has ever had a commando sole. They have that Dainite-like studded rubber sole, but I agree a Commando (not full A/T lug) would be a great addition to the sole options.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 82 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 152 32.3%
  • 8”

Votes: 137 29.1%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 53 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 24 5.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 10 2.1%