• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Every time you post a pic of the split toes, which is quite often, the look grows on me more. I tend to prefer the look of my Indy boots, but NST/Ottawa are looking better every day.
There was a time I didn't like NST shoes or boots, never thought I'd own a pair, then I stumbled into a pair of Alden NST's for a really low price (they were used). Tried them and found I really like the look. Love my Indy boots as well, don't get me wrong......Then I discovered GS footwear, and well......the rest is history. Own a few (well actually a lot) of their boots and LOVE the Ottawa, look/fit/construction/company/QC/the people who are GS. So I may post more NST and plain toe boot/shoe pix in the future. Which is now. Saddle Tan Diesel for the evening at home. Possibly my favorite GS leather and color, although wife prefers the Dune coloring. But she's not wearing them :)
IMG_0685.jpeg

Turns31

Reaction score
On
There was a time I didn't like NST shoes or boots, never thought I'd own a pair, then I stumbled into a pair of Alden NST's for a really low price (they were used). Tried them and found I really like the look. Love my Indy boots as well, don't get me wrong......Then I discovered GS footwear, and well......the rest is history. Own a few (well actually a lot) of their boots and LOVE the Ottawa, look/fit/construction/company/QC/the people who are GS. So I may post more NST and plain toe boot/shoe pix in the future. Which is now. Saddle Tan Diesel for the evening at home. Possibly my favorite GS leather and color, although wife prefers the Dune coloring. But she's not wearing them :)View attachment 1324324
Exact same. I love the saddle but my wife wanted the Dune.

manowar

Reaction score
The Dune/natural CXL tends to be pretty subdued. The richer tan colors have more pop to them and give off a more masculine vibe. Hence some of the difference in taste between men and women. Now I used to prefer the strong tan but now am more fond of the subtler tones.

BrandonF

Reaction score
White with a gum sole.
I’m a big fan of gum soles. I have a pair of cheap Adidas gazelles with gum soles and would wear them a ton in summer, although this was before I got into higher end footwear.

Gum soles are nice since they eliminate the issues of keeping white soles unscuffed and adds a nice contrast. I have a pair of olive suede Greats with gum soles too.

Reaction score
Agreed, gum soles have a nice classic look and require less maintenance. I am a huge fan of Sambas but would like something that hold up a bit better.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 82 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 152 32.3%
  • 8”

Votes: 137 29.1%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 53 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 24 5.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 10 2.1%