• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am a huge fan of Alden suede but these may be the nicest suede I have seen. Well done as usual M-12.
Thank you Shawn. Grant Stone did a hell of a job with these. Merry Christmas to you and yours mate
-Matt

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Merry Christmas SF crew! I hope everybody has a great holiday weekend. Thanks so much for all the posts this year.

This thread has been a great place for consumers to view our boots and shoes along with comments from real customers. For a company our size which is a total of 4 people including my wife and I, Randy (my Dad) and Josh, along with our Xiamen line, this type of open community forum is perfect. We see a lot of customers contacting us for the first time, mentioning style forum or after purchasing when leaving a review. This type of direct communication whether here or emails and social media has been some of the most enjoyable.

In 2018 we are looking to really expand our offerings starting with E widths and finally, the balmoral shoe. This style of shoe is something we are confident in making but want to make sure the finish of the outsole in the waist area along with all the small details are right. On the heavier bluchers, some of these details can be lost and the product will still look okay. Our latest cap toe samples looked great, with a much cleaner sole trim and tighter waist. The last also fits really well, a bit fuller than most without looking too clumsy. Our first orders will most likely not include E widths but they should be in stock by the end of the year.

Along with the rubber soles on the boots, we will be releasing a new boot later in the year that is quite different than anything we currently offer. I will be sure to post some photos of the samples!

Thanks again!
Wyatt
2017-12-25 02.57.21 copy.jpg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Merry Christmas SF crew! I hope everybody has a great holiday weekend. Thanks so much for all the posts this year.

This thread has been a great place for consumers to view our boots and shoes along with comments from real customers. For a company our size which is a total of 4 people including my wife and I, Randy (my Dad) and Josh, along with our Xiamen line, this type of open community forum is perfect. We see a lot of customers contacting us for the first time, mentioning style forum or after purchasing when leaving a review. This type of direct communication whether here or emails and social media has been some of the most enjoyable.

In 2018 we are looking to really expand our offerings starting with E widths and finally, the balmoral shoe. This style of shoe is something we are confident in making but want to make sure the finish of the outsole in the waist area along with all the small details are right. On the heavier bluchers, some of these details can be lost and the product will still look okay. Our latest cap toe samples looked great, with a much cleaner sole trim and tighter waist. The last also fits really well, a bit fuller than most without looking too clumsy. Our first orders will most likely not include E widths but they should be in stock by the end of the year.

Along with the rubber soles on the boots, we will be releasing a new boot later in the year that is quite different than anything we currently offer. I will be sure to post some photos of the samples!

Thanks again!
Wyatt
View attachment 897130
Interested to see your expanded line in 2018! Cool cat, btw.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Madhat, he is a exotic shorthair, although he acts more like a dog.
We will try to do some occasional pre orders as well. The next one will probably be a scotch grain boot.

What style of boot for the scotch grain?

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks again!
Wyatt
View attachment 897130
Happy Holiday to the entire Grant Stone Family! Looking forward to your 2018 offerings!

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This would be on the Ottawa pattern, new rubber micro stud sole. The pebble grain article is from Annonay, almost a yellowish tan. After antiquing, it should look really nice.

I would be all over this boot. Let me know if you do a preorder. Keep up the great work.

andrewro

Reaction score
Greetings from an infrequent poster here.

A question for the narrow-footed gentlemen - I've emailed some with Wyatt and wanted to ask the hive mind as well. I am interested in GS and in a higher quality boot in general. I measure as a 10.5B and my best fitting shoes are vintage Florsheim Imperials in 10.5B (and one pair of 10.5C, within acceptable range). My Wolverine 1000 Mile and Clark's Desert boots are both 9.5 US. Anyone in a B width wearing the Leo last? Wyatt also suggested trying a full size down as an option, of course this puts the length of the boot into play.

This thread is great! Thanks to all who've contributed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads