• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

rosenkruez

Reaction score
I just checked the GS website and some of the products in the oxford/derby section are missing, such as saddle tan with leather sole and some suede long wing items. Are they discontinued? I've been eyeing some of them...

Darkishhaddock

Reaction score
I just checked the GS website and some of the products in the oxford/derby section are missing, such as saddle tan with leather sole and some suede long wing items. Are they discontinued? I've been eyeing some of them...
You are in luck. They are on 25% sale for Black Friday.

GrantStone

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My timing stinks, with GS announcing Black Friday sale, but just posted a pair of Bluchers on the GS B/S/T thread. They are 9's and honestly 8.5 in Leo is just plain better for me. They will just sit on the shelf forever if left here, and they deserve to be worn.

norymeoreason41

Reaction score
Oh man, this black friday sale is tempting! I was planning to ask for a pair of bourbon suede Diesels from my wife for Christmas. But I've also had my eye on the bourbon suede longwings - now that they're included in the black friday sale.....I don't know what to do! Some would say buy both - that's not possible. What are your thoughts?

For context, I already have a pair of dune Ottawas and saddle PTBs from GS and love them both! In fact, I'm wearing the latter today!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh man, this black friday sale is tempting! I was planning to ask for a pair of bourbon suede Diesels from my wife for Christmas. But I've also had my eye on the bourbon suede longwings - now that they're included in the black friday sale.....I don't know what to do! Some would say buy both - that's not possible. What are your thoughts?

For context, I already have a pair of dune Ottawas and saddle PTBs from GS and love them both! In fact, I'm wearing the latter today!
Which would fit better into your rotation, suede boots or suede longwings? Would one be a duplication of something you already have, even if from a different company? Finally- which one do you keep going back and looking at every day? If you were planning on asking for the Diesel's as a gift, point out to the wife the Black Friday sale, then get the longwing shoes for yourself :)

greenhouse

Reaction score

I'm partial to longwings, so, longwings. :) I have the lwb in coffee suede, which I think is slightly darker than bourbon. They are my most frequently worn GS. Nothing but praise for them.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.