Grant Stone - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GrantStone, Feb 17, 2016.

1. shirtsnob

shirtsnob Senior member

wonderful review.......big big thanks

i just looked at the site..and I dig the offerings.

do u have an m635?.......great shark

2. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

Yup :)
    [​IMG]
    I love it. I can't tell what I'm seeing in your pic - looks like Scheel seats, but... (please excuse the off-topic post...)

As far as the GS stuff, I wore my Ottawa boots yesterday and wearing my shell PTB's for the second time this week tomorrow (I'm still breaking those in a bit - they're not hurting me at all, but the soles are still a bit stiff).

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017

3. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

old school 6 series love it!

4. TexasTexter

TexasTexter Senior member

Now I want a pair of those!!!!!!!

5. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

The shell version is done in small batches, so you'll have to email them about whether they have a run going. Before the shell popped up, I was debating between the Saddle tan or the Dune CXL models. Probably would have gone with the Saddle tan - guessing both are awesome with some patina...

6. TexasTexter

TexasTexter Senior member

Well I am only doing shell as the more I get into shoes the more I like shell. They are not to quick to respond to emails. [​IMG]

7. drewcandraw

drewcandraw Senior member

Did you email Wyatt? He is pretty responsive when I email him.

8. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

He's been very responsive to me, though realize he's often 13 hours ahead of us and probably occasionally on long plane flights...

9. Ennius

Ennius Senior member

You wouldn't have a last comparable to Alden's Modified Last, would you?? I wear a 9.5 EEE in it and it's about all I can wear.

If you do, you will have dozens of loyal customers here - see 50 page + thread on Modified Last!

10. GrantStone

GrantStone Well-Known Member Affiliate Vendor

Quote:Unfortunately not anytime soon. We are working on another boot last that will accommodate higher arches/instep but not as extreme as the modified.

11. GrantStone

Sorry about this. We are working on our email correspondence, trying to reply within 24 hours.

With regards to shell, there aren't any pre-orders underway right now. The last pre-order had a good response so we are looking to stock some plain toe blucher shells sometime this year. The shell color is still up in the air.

12. bism416

bism416 Active Member

Any chance I can get your shoes in China somewhere? Shanghai?

13. GrantStone

We currently don't have any stockists. Recently we have had quite a few people reach out from China/HK so we are working on a different fulfillment system which would work better for Asia. If you can send us an email at [email protected], we can try to put something together.

14. yisrael42

yisrael42 New Member

Here's a random post about my Grant Stone boots... I bought the Crimson Diesels and they are by far the most comfortable boots I have ever owned. I like them better than Red Wings, Oakstreet Bootmakers, Allen Edmonds, and Wolverines. I also get more compliments on these than any of those others.

I've got a wide foot, typically wearing a 12EE or an 11.5EEE, but I with some back and forth emailing with Wyatt, I figured out that am able to fit comfortably in the 12s on the Leo last.

My first pair of Grant Stones were the dune plain toe blucher, and then I fast followed with the crimson longwings. I can't say enough about them. I sold some of my boots and bought the ones in the pictures below. The first picture is when they were brand new, and then the second picture is after a conditioning with Venetian Cream and a horsehair brush.

If you're in the market for a high-end shoe or boot, this is your new brand. Don't be scared away by the Chinese manufacturing. The materials are literally top-notch, and the construction is killer. If you don't believe me, check out this post from Heddels that sold me initially. Now I'm a customer for life. Grant Stone gets it right.

Comfort. Quality. Style.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member