• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well after a short delay with the ups truck breaking down. I finally got my GS diesel boots in black Chromexcel, about 2 weeks ago I think lol I have strange little feet that don't seems to like shoes or boots these days. High instep one foot, bunion other. At this time the boots are fully broken in. And the Leo last fits me very well. I couldn't be happier with my purchase. And the stunning looks of these boot.

View attachment 1280493
The more I look at this photo, the more I like those boots on the leather sole. My Black Diesel's are the rubber sole, and while nice looking and great boots, the lighter welt and leather sole is soooooooo nice looking. Perhaps I should sell my Black Diesel's (9D) and buy another, leather sole pair?
IMG_9684.jpeg
IMG_9685.jpeg

AJ1

Reaction score
the contrast does give them a nice touch. If you need a push I’d say go for it!

The more I look at this photo, the more I like those boots on the leather sole. My Black Diesel's are the rubber sole, and while nice looking and great boots, the lighter welt and leather sole is soooooooo nice looking. Perhaps I should sell my Black Diesel's (9D) and buy another, leather sole pair?View attachment 1281066View attachment 1281067

meyer1son

Reaction score
The more I look at this photo, the more I like those boots on the leather sole. My Black Diesel's are the rubber sole, and while nice looking and great boots, the lighter welt and leather sole is soooooooo nice looking. Perhaps I should sell my Black Diesel's (9D) and buy another, leather sole pair?View attachment 1281066View attachment 1281067
Thanks I like them a lot. I think the leather sole brings out how nice the black cxl is. I am not the boot photographer you are. But let me know if you would like more pictures.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks I like them a lot. I think the leather sole brings out how nice the black cxl is. I am not the boot photographer you are. But let me know if you would like more pictures.
More pictures, of course we all would! However more pictures are just going to tempt me further into ordering them (like I need another pair of black boots..............)

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just created a GS Buy/Sell/Trade thread, as I have a pair to sell, and assume others may want to as well at some point.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They'll soften up quickly ;)
I hope so! They're super stiff. Didn't help that I took them on a multiple mile walk on the first try.

They will soften as they break in. Not to worry. @M635Guy “beat me by that much.”
Hehe, always happens to me!

Both you and @M635Guy beat me to this. Take a while to loosen up (depending on # of wears of course) but when they do....it's awesome.
They seem stiffer than Alden to me which is really saying something. Alden is usually really stiff.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 27 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 136 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 254 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 123 15.8%
  • 31 - 40