• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
So the Black Friday sale is only for certain styles? Aww. Oh well, I didn't need them anyway. :confused2:

roz77

Reaction score
Wanted to ask this again before I potentially pull the trigger here. Those that wear E-width (or above) in Allen Edmonds, how do Grant Stone's D and E width compare?

Ben B

Reaction score
Trying to decide on what would be my fourth pair. Anyone with crimson CXL want to comment on how “red” they look in natural light? In photos, they look anywhere from reddish brown to rich dark brown. Thanks!

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Trying to decide on what would be my fourth pair. Anyone with crimson CXL want to comment on how “red” they look in natural light? In photos, they look anywhere from reddish brown to rich dark brown. Thanks!

My Crimson Longwings aren't very red at all. They're not really any more red than my Alden 403 Indys, just darker.

I love the GS Crimson leather. It's a nice rich, dark but not too dark brown. They are perhaps slightly reddish in natural light, but I think pretty much anyone's initial impression upon seeing the color would be "dark brown." Of course, I can only speak about my pair. I'm sure there's some variation and the leather will no doubt change with time and depending upon how you condition/polish, etc.

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Wanted to ask this again before I potentially pull the trigger here. Those that wear E-width (or above) in Allen Edmonds, how do Grant Stone's D and E width compare?

The majority of our customers who wear an E or EE in the 5 last can wear the Leo in a D. Our D is basically half a size larger than TTS and a bit fuller (D+) than average.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is pretty close. Brown with red undertones
zYWXZu6.jpg

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear an E in the AE 5-last and the D is great for me with the Leo last.

Milksteakboiledhard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mine are pretty rich brown, with slight red undertones. They are a great shoe!

D46AF945-031E-4C59-BC7F-5C027DF0B2F1.jpeg

243C5AB8-0BCE-4513-B546-251C19BEFC69.jpeg

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Here is another photo of a crimson longwing. The different lighting in the photos (one inside, one outside) does play with the color a bit. I used some dark brown wax polish on these which really deepens the color and adds a little shine. Also has a little less red hues after using the brown wax.

IMG_4057.jpg
IMG_4065.jpg

jjtitus

Reaction score
Heres some crimson PTB in terrible office lighting.

20171023_113706.jpg

Ben B

Reaction score
Thanks for the info and photos. Ordered a pair of Crimson Diesel boots. They’ll go well with the Dune PTB, all-black LW, and British tan LW. The Dune PTB have been worn regularly now for a year. I’ll post photos sometime soon.

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the info and photos. Ordered a pair of Crimson Diesel boots. They’ll go well with the Dune PTB, all-black LW, and British tan LW. The Dune PTB have been worn regularly now for a year. I’ll post photos sometime soon.

Thanks Ben! Look forward to seeing some photos.

iloveplaid

Reaction score
Folks looking for some assistance on sizing. I've really struggled to find great fitting shoes over the years:

7.5eee in the 114 last (Allen Edmonds Walden loafers) were too snug in the pinky toe

7.5ee in the 97 last (AE macneils) were Ok fitting but slightly long and a bit of pinching in the pinky

I wear adidas Stan Smith and ultraboost both size 8 and love the fit but these are running shoes and comfy. Stan Smith size 8 are a little snug in the middle of the foot.

Redwing Moc Toe boots size 8D were pretty loose all around even with an insole.

Meermin Rui size 7uk seems to be a good fit.

Any recommendations on sizing here for Grant Stones Leo last? Are boots generally roomier than shoes even on the same last and size?

Thanks a bunch

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads