• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

GrantStone

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Looking at the photo posted of the new cap toe boot and have a question. The laces shown on the boot, I will assume are the laces they will ship with, are they waxed?
They are a waxed lace, similar to the originals with a higher percentage of wax. We have been working with the supplier to add more wax without making it look shiny and shrinking it down too much.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They are a waxed lace, similar to the originals with a higher percentage of wax. We have been working with the supplier to add more wax without making it look shiny and shrinking it down too much.
I'm glad to hear that they are waxed, plain cotton laces are a pain as are highly reflective, shiny waxed ones. On an entirely different, but similar note, will the accessories page be listing spare laces for GS product at any time?

GrantStone

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear that they are waxed, plain cotton laces are a pain as are highly reflective, shiny waxed ones. On an entirely different, but similar note, will the accessories page be listing spare laces for GS product at any time?
Yes! We will get this underway soon along with some replacement outsoles, hopefully.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We have a couple one-off samples available if any interest. *Only 2 currently available*
- 10.5D Midnight Suede Ottawa $320 (has leather sole)
- 10.5D Midnight Suede Traveler Penny $295 (butyl leather sole)

View attachment 1228614View attachment 1228615
Wow, both of those are beautiful. The NST in Blue Suede is just a great looking boot, and with the best sole! Too bad it isn't an 8.5 or 9 :(

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Working from the home office today after finding out my truck was broken into last night. RIP Filson briefcase and work laptop / accessories.

Thankfully nice boots, with the newly added leather laces, make it easier to cope.

View attachment 1228741
Sorry to hear about the truck being broken in to by some scumbag. Boots do look great, and I hope the police catch the person responsible for the theft and recover your belongings.

Josh Lange

Reaction score
Working from the home office today after finding out my truck was broken into last night. RIP Filson briefcase and work laptop / accessories.

Thankfully nice boots, with the newly added leather laces, make it easier to cope.

View attachment 1228741
Wow... sorry to hear about the break-in. Boots are looking nice. Enjoy your weekend!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What a great pair of end of summer shoes these are. Unfortunately, I will be selling this pair as I purchased them before I had really figured out my GS size, I will be replacing them with same model but in the co
IMG_7905.jpeg
IMG_7909.jpeg
IMG_7911.jpeg
rrect size. So if anyone is 9.5D in the GS Leo Last and interested. PM me for more details. Oh, worn about 4 times as they are just too big.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.