• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Milksteakboiledhard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just two boots to start with, british tan french calf and crimson CXL.

I will send you a DM!

The hardware is smaller and there is another row of eyelets than our Ottawa & Diesel. The french calf is also from Annonay like the Longwing.
I like the tighter/higher qty of eyelets on this new boot!

I can't see how this isn't a winner with those changes. I didn't even notice the additional eyelet, but it definitely helps bring the boot towards a more traditional biz-causal. Though in my office, wearing any kind of leather footwear would put you in the running for best dressed.

nhlducks35

Reaction score
That boot is looking really good

Wearing the loafers today

LatAm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Little teaser here... this boot should be up in just a couple weeks.

The pattern is a little different from the boots we have offered until now, feeling less work oriented with how it laces up and the binding around the quarters. This cap toe boot will also be on the Leo last.

View attachment 1226656

These look absolutely gorgeous! Slightly less workwear than the Ottawa and the Diesel... just fantastic.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Little teaser here... this boot should be up in just a couple weeks.

The pattern is a little different from the boots we have offered until now, feeling less work oriented with how it laces up and the binding around the quarters. This cap toe boot will also be on the Leo last.

View attachment 1226656
Looks like a winner!

Milksteakboiledhard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Early morning Ottawa boots, beginning to show some "battle scars" or patina, which ever one chooses to call them. View attachment 1227436 View attachment 1227437

Those are coming along nicely. I really like them with the leather laces, I'll have to swap mine in there before I wear them again.

I'm in my British Tan Longwings. For those who don't have any of the calf offerings, @GrantStone does an amazing job.

IMG-1283.JPG

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those are coming along nicely. I really like them with the leather laces, I'll have to swap mine in there before I wear them again.

I'm in my British Tan Longwings. For those who don't have any of the calf offerings, @GrantStone does an amazing job.

View attachment 1227512
I had the leather laces out for a while and had some Alden flat waxed in there, but I like the look of the leather laces on this boot, so went back to the "factory stock" laces they shipped with. I just wish I could keep the leather laces from twisting, but whatever I try, they twist anyway. Short of re-lacing every time I put them on, can't think of a way. Like the "wings" today and yes, GS does an awesome job.

DaveW

Reaction score
Hi, apologies if you've already answered this question, but do you have any plans to open a branch in the UK, so I can save $60 on the postage? I'm a regular Grenson shoe buyer, but your styles and the recommendations from others appeal to me.

Thanks.

Josh Lange

Reaction score
Unfortunately, that's not in the plans. We understand it's tough, there is often an import duty placed on top of the $60 too... If you (or maybe family) ever travel to the US or Canada, you can place an order a day or two early to receive where you're staying. Carry/pack the pair back to their hometown... We have helped some customers with this.

Last edited:

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hi, apologies if you've already answered this question, but do you have any plans to open a branch in the UK, so I can save $60 on the postage? I'm a regular Grenson shoe buyer, but your styles and the recommendations from others appeal to me.

Thanks.
I have done the reverse, had a relative who was visiting London, bring back a few pair of Albert Thurston braces, saved a bit of money, although they did have to pay VAT, but it was still less than shipping would have been.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads