• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Genericuser1

Reaction score
I've seen a number of people on SF that wear shoes at home, some for support I think, perhaps it was you @audog that mentioned it.

Once I'm home I'm in my moccasins or if it's winter some fleece lined slippers/slipper socks. Even as a kid I think shoes were always off at home.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've seen a number of people on SF that wear shoes at home, some for support I think, perhaps it was you @audog that mentioned it.

Once I'm home I'm in my moccasins or if it's winter some fleece lined slippers/slipper socks. Even as a kid I think shoes were always off at home.
I am supposed to, upon orders of podiatrist, wear shoes unless sleeping or in the shower. Due to an ankle injury years ago (blew out, I mean gone on the MRI, a ligament that hold the ankle in correct alignment). I would prefer to NOT wear shoes in the house, as it would lessen the dirt and stuff on the floors. But.........I have Golden Retrievers, so there is dirt/hair/dust on the floors anyway. No carpet here, just area rugs and hardwood and/or tile. Have a friend who is Doctor from Taiwan, no shoes allowed at his house and he has so many pair of slippers that he can host a party with 30-40 people and have slippers for all. Not much dirt or dust on his floors :)
I envy you in that you can wear moccasins and/or slippers in the house. If I did it, my left ankle would be so painful (bone on bone) that I couldn't sleep. The simple act of wearing shoes/boots keeps that at bay, not to mention feeding my footwear addiction,,,,,er hobby.

Genericuser1

Reaction score
I am supposed to, upon orders of podiatrist, wear shoes unless sleeping or in the shower. Due to an ankle injury years ago (blew out, I mean gone on the MRI, a ligament that hold the ankle in correct alignment). I would prefer to NOT wear shoes in the house, as it would lessen the dirt and stuff on the floors. But.........I have Golden Retrievers, so there is dirt/hair/dust on the floors anyway. No carpet here, just area rugs and hardwood and/or tile. Have a friend who is Doctor from Taiwan, no shoes allowed at his house and he has so many pair of slippers that he can host a party with 30-40 people and have slippers for all. Not much dirt or dust on his floors :)
I envy you in that you can wear moccasins and/or slippers in the house. If I did it, my left ankle would be so painful (bone on bone) that I couldn't sleep. The simple act of wearing shoes/boots keeps that at bay, not to mention feeding my footwear addiction,,,,,er hobby.
That makes sense I thought I remembered you mentioning it, this way you get to wear more of your shoes so not all bad. :)

SonnyUte

Reaction score
On second thought, I don't see how a size 7 would work from a length standpoint. I may try the 7.5 and let you know how those work.

EDIT: Just saw @audog chime in above. So maybe I will try a 7.
Yeah, I would be careful. I am 9.5D TTS. I size down to 9D for the Leo last. I have the Traveler loafers in dune CXL in 9 D and they are plenty snug. I think 8.5 would be much too short/tight.

Joe Schmoe

Reaction score
Man I’m really looking forward to the EEE’s. The quality of the shoes posted here looks really exceptional.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.