• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you doing the ankle wrap with those leather laces?
I'm not. I don't like that for some reason, so I cut my laces short (though this is the only pair where the leather laces have stuck - have swapped in the flat-waxed on my other pairs).

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm not. I don't like that for some reason, so I cut my laces short (though this is the only pair where the leather laces have stuck - have swapped in the flat-waxed on my other pairs).
Just was wondering, I sometimes do it, usually don't.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's strange - I like how it looks on other people, but don't dig it for myself.
I had a real problem with that myself, it wasn't until I got a pair of AE Normandy and watched the AE video that I decided to give it a go. With the GS leather laces, on things like the Saddle Tan Diesel, it does help with "patina" in the area they are tied :)

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Back from the charity function, the state of men's footwear is not good if tonight was any indication. 1 pair of Alden LHS loafers, 2 pair of AE (park ave and strand), 1 pair of GS (mine) and the rest was square toe or cemented junk. Even the keynote speaker had some kind of Target or other department store junk on. I guess it shouldn't bother me, but come on guys, step it up a bit! And 3 people commented nicely on my GS Oxfords, and all 3 were women.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Your loafers are more true to color than my photo. Must be lighting

Josh Lange

Reaction score
Your loafers are more true to color than my photo. Must be lighting
You know that warehouse lighting :) I tried to make it look as realistic as I could... The last one is a little bright...

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.