• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Well, that's at least 2 of us here who have reserved pairs. I'm in for the suede and dune.

Jeezus dude, must you brag at every single possible opportunity? Did it ever cross your mind that maybe some other folks here also reserved loafers, but *gasp* didn't post about it?

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Jeezus dude, must you brag at every single possible opportunity? Did it ever cross your mind that maybe some other folks here also reserved loafers, but *gasp* didn't post about it?
Sorry, this is a forum to post about our shoes and GS, isn't it? Don't mean to upset anyone, as I'm sure you didn't mean to insult anyone either.

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Sorry, this is a forum to post about our shoes and GS, isn't it? Don't mean to upset anyone, as I'm sure you didn't mean to insult anyone either.

Nah, it's just something I scratch my head about. I see a fair amount of conspicuous consumption in my line of work and my day-to-day life. Hell, I even exhibit a bit of it myself. But the particular type you repeat day in and day out in this thread is, again, something I scratch my head about. They're just shoes.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nah, it's just something I scratch my head about. I see a fair amount of conspicuous consumption in my line of work and my day-to-day life. Hell, I even exhibit a bit of it myself. But the particular type you repeat day in and day out in this thread is, again, something I scratch my head about. They're just shoes.
I will refrain from posting and try not to upset you in the future. And, yes, they are just shoes, and my hobby.

cardsfan89

Reaction score

Dude, two words: choose happy

@audog keep doing your thing my friend. There are many folks here and in our other mutual threads who enjoy what you share

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dude, two words: choose happy

@audog keep doing your thing my friend. There are many folks here and in our other mutual threads who enjoy what you share
Thanks @cardsfan89, it has never been my intent to upset anyone, or irritate a fellow member. I just like posting pictures of my footwear both here and on the other threads I am on. My posting is not to brag about my footwear, simply share photos with fellow footwear fans. As I said it's my hobby, some people are into watches, pens, cars, etc. and post their collections on respective web forums, I guess one could say I "collect" footwear that I like and post photo's of them.

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I hope you are joking because otherwise it sounds a bit strong. Personally I never thought of audog as bragging. He just really likes Grant Stone. It's not like most of have dozens of real life friends who are just as crazy about shoes. Plenty of people show off online. It's not like audog is uploading photos of him in different shoes with a different fancy watch and sports car multiple times a day...

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I hope you are joking because otherwise it sounds a bit strong. Personally I never thought of audog as bragging. He just really likes Grant Stone. It's not like most of have dozens of real life friends who are just as crazy about shoes. Plenty of people show off online. It's not like audog is uploading photos of him in different shoes with a different fancy watch and sports car multiple times a day...

Not joking. And yes, actually he is uploading photos of himself in different shoes multiple times a day. Are we viewing the same thread? :laugh:

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Although, in all fairness, I have posted more than one pair in a day....... But again, not bragging, as you noted I really like Grant Stone, and I HAVE NO ONE other than here I can talk about footwear with, as my friends are not into footwear (except the one who likes tennis shoes). Let alone anyone who understands taking photos of one's footwear.
The OP's comments did sound a bit strong, and I did take offense at his comments, but perhaps it was pre-coffee.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not joking. And yes, actually he is uploading photos of himself in different shoes multiple times a day. Are we viewing the same thread? :laugh:
Yes, I do sometimes upload more than one photo of myself in different shoes, but why does this bother you? Please post some photos of your footwear here, as that is one of the things this, and other footwear threads, is for. As far as mentioning things that are on order, hop on over to the AE thread and that is one of the main things posted, what members have coming. Again, I sincerely apologize for upsetting you with my frequent posts of footwear on a shoe thread.

SonnyUte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I do sometimes upload more than one photo of myself in different shoes, but why does this bother you? Please post some photos of your footwear here, as that is one of the things this, and other footwear threads, is for. As far as mentioning things that are on order, hop on over to the AE thread and that is one of the main things posted, what members have coming. Again, I sincerely apologize for upsetting you with my frequent posts of footwear on a shoe thread.
I guess I am an offender as well, as I posted my interest in the soon-to-be loafers as well.
My only defense? I like Grant Stone shoes as well, and am excited about these new choices.
I hope you don’t curb your enthusiasm, @audog.
Oh, and by the way, if any one follows the AE thread (and I know some do), there are members there who are tracking SF purchases from the recent AE shell trunk show. Five, even six pairs of shell shoes/boots for one buyer! So a couple pair of non-shell loafers maybe doesn’t seem so “conspicuous “ after all?
Not meaning to stir the pot, but this place is more fun when we stay friendly.

Last edited:

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not meaning to stir the pot, but this place is more fun when we stay friendly.
Totally agree! I come here to have fun posting pictures of shoes/boots that I like, and looking at pictures of shoes/boots that everyone else likes. I am here to enjoy GS footwear. I will freely admit that I have more footwear than any one person needs, but what harm does this cause to anyone? Or more to the point, why should someone become upset if I do? I may be guilty of "conspicuous consumption" when it comes to footwear, but that shouldn't be cause for comments about it, directed at me or anyone else who posts their collections, either here or on any other thread. I'm done with this chain of comments, and intend to continue on as before.
Have a great Wednesday!!!

Mr.Chest

Reaction score
Have you seriously interpreted his sharing of photos as bragging? That sure seems like that’s on you my man. If you’re familiar with his content and demeanor, it’s surprising you would feel that way. Dude is very enthusiastic about his shoes and is in a place where he can be. I’m not arguing that a lot of us don’t consume more than we should, we do - I for one own far too many things - if that’s your concern and it upsets you, it seems like a thread where people post photos of their consumed products could be a rough place to hangout though.

@audog - love what you do. You keep threads alive and provide great in person photos of shoes and boots.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics