1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Grant Stone - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GrantStone, Feb 17, 2016.

1. SJR3

SJR3 Senior Member

What about shell? Honestly who wants a CXL loafer. Shell is where it's at.

2. audog

audog Stylish Dinosaur

I kind of agree that shell and suede are where it's at in loafers, however those look really nice and I can easily see a pair in my closet, even if CXL.

3. audog

audog Stylish Dinosaur

How bad is the heel slip? Do you feel like your foot is coming out of the shoe, or just a little movement? Looking at the photo, I can't really tell how wide the lace gap is, but snug lacing may help "seat" the foot/heel in the footbed while breaking in. The leather sole is very stiff at first, but things loosen up after a while. Great choice in shoe by the way.

4. ccpl14

ccpl14 Senior Member

The weaseling is strong in these parts!

5. audog

audog Stylish Dinosaur

Weasels like good "food", so weaseling is easy 'round here.

6. audog

audog Stylish Dinosaur

I looks like they will take a shine very well and look good that way. What did you use to shine 'em up?

7. PizzaDude

PizzaDude Well-Known Member

Those would look dope with jeans, and I don’t normally like a high shine but it works on those.

8. GrantStone

GrantStone Senior Member Affiliate Vendor

When we can drill down our shell source and have a consistent selection, we will start producing a loafer and other patterns in shell. Unfortunately this isn't entirely in our hands. I have the same clarity on shell production today as we did a year ago and it's poor at best.

Hopefully, in 4 or 8 years we will have an array of shell options.

I also am a fan of the shell loafer, specifically the unlined BB. Mainly due to its forgiveness.
    Having developed and worn many other loafers in calf, the down fall is usually the rigidness of the upper which can be uncomfortable or outright unwearable if the last isn't a great fit for the individual and going up or down a size doesn't help.

This Traveler loafer seems to mitigate these issues as multiple people have been wearing it comfortably with a range of insteps and foot shapes.

9. audog

audog Stylish Dinosaur

Well, I for one, am looking forward to its release. Other than the Crimson, what other colors might we expect (if it's not a highly guarded state secret :) ).

10. Manzone32

Manzone32 Active Member

Are they on the Leo last?

11. audog

audog Stylish Dinosaur

Was wondering if Leo or Oliver myself. I have my size dialed in either way :)))

12. audog

audog Stylish Dinosaur

So I'm up on the step ladder, making shelving changes in the shoe area of the closet and the cell phone message announcement goes off and Grant Stone sent me this:
    Your order is on the way
    Your order is on the way. Track your shipment to see the delivery status.

It's almost like Christmas!!!

13. AJ1

AJ1 Senior Member

again?! You've been on a role lately. Looking forward to seeing the new re-org of closet and how all these shoes fit.

14. GrantStone

GrantStone Senior Member Affiliate Vendor

Thank you! I just received the saphir mirror gloss (neutral) and really like it. With just a couple coats using a few drops of water here and there, it will really do the trick. It isn't as easy to produce a shine on cxl so having this extra firm wax helps.
    https://www.hangerproject.com/saphir-mirror-gloss-wax-polish.html

There will be a navy cxl, dune, crimson and the bourbon suede. Ivory suede may be included for summer.

The loafer last is new, specifically for a slip on but should correspond pretty closely to our leo for sizing. We will recommend the same size in the loafer last unless you have a very high instep, where then a half size up might be better.

15. Manzone32

Manzone32 Active Member

I can’t wait!