• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

norymeoreason41

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to pair the Ottawa’s with business casual (slacks, button down, maybe a casual jacket)? I really, really want a pair but I wear typical office business casual attire at work almost 100% of the time. I’m wondering if I could pull this off....

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to pair the Ottawa’s with business casual (slacks, button down, maybe a casual jacket)? I really, really want a pair but I wear typical office business casual attire at work almost 100% of the time. I’m wondering if I could pull this off....
I've done it with my Dune pair and Bill's khakis with sport coat and white shirt, worked out fine.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Great feedback - thank you!
I think the Crimson would be fine as well with darker trousers. Since you are in a business casual environment, you have more leeway with footwear. You may also want to consider one of the GS PTB's, as they are awesome in a business casual environment, but you can dress them up to suits or down to jeans as well.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes, placed an order this evening!
Excellent choice of boot. Wearing my Dune Ottawa's with rubber sole (rain today) this morning.
IMG_4256.jpeg

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Using the thinner, waxed lace instead of the leather lace in the Ottawa really helps as well. It makes it easier to pull the eye rows together and doesn't look as bulky.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Perhaps my favorite boot, don't know if it's the fit, color or what, but I keep reaching for the Saddle Tan Diesel boots and I have a lot of boots to choose from. Maybe that is why I have a "spare" pair, new in box, on a closet shelf. I wear them often enough that they may wear out at some point.
IMG_4291.jpeg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dune LWBs! These things are sweet. Can’t wait for a GS shell Longwing

View attachment 1097609
They are sweet. I don't wear mine as often as I should, as I just don't wear "dress" pants as often as I used to, and just can't do the LWB's and jeans thing. Yours look awesome. And yes, a shell Longwing from GS would be awesome, as would a light color suede penny loafer, and a beef roll, and a...........

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are sweet. I don't wear mine as often as I should, as I just don't wear "dress" pants as often as I used to, and just can't do the LWB's and jeans thing. Yours look awesome. And yes, a shell Longwing from GS would be awesome, as would a light color suede penny loafer, and a beef roll, and a...........
Dude - free your mind
mS6LMWX.jpg

The Dune longwing is amazing with denim. Easily my two favorites are these and my 30-something-year-old Florsheims.
iXAwB6v.jpg

I flat-out love both pairs...

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need sizing info please. I wear orthotics, but have a few versions to insert into shoes based on last. I have several Allen Edmonds shoes. In the 65 last, I wear a 10.5D with my thin orthotics. It works, but barely. The orthotics raise my foot up, but not enough to take it too high for heel slip to occur. The 42 last is a much better fit—also in 10.5D—with my sport orthotics. The higher come keeps my foot fat from slipping out. How would I fit into GS lasts?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads