• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dizzydee

Reaction score
Another wide boy here :) and same experience.

I'm a 9E in the Leo, 9D Alexander.

However, same advice as always, if in doubt email Grant Stone, they give fantastic sizing advice, has never failed me.
I'm the opposite. The loafers feel noticeably tighter in the ball area than the bluchers I have in the same size, 8.5D.

basu13

Reaction score
Ottawas.

IMG_20240617_080918.jpg
IMG_20240615_090036.jpg

IMG_20240615_085939.jpg

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I doubt that would be the case. CXL on my older GS boots have really softened up and become super pliable, and I do not think the Minerva leather can become that soft. Having said that , they are already way more comfortable than they were out of the box and so I am sure with adequate wear they will become super comfortable (still less soft than CXL though). My Minerva pair is still very new , so I'll have to wait and see how they age, but I expect them to retain a firm temper and mould well to the feet - which they are already doing.

PS - I do follow Chalkboard Shoes and watched your vids re your Minerva pair. I'd say, keep breaking them in. The patina is too lovely to not wear these boots, lol.

Appreciate you following my channel.

I wanted to mention that I think I did own one pair of pure veg tan leather shoes in the past. I used to own a C&J Connaught shoe, and those I think were in the same saddle leather that GS uses. Very tough leather , but it did soften up enough that it became very comfortable. I sold them sadly because the last was a nightmare for me over time.

I am working remotely just for this week, so I thought it would be a good time to try to break these in more. Ankles still feel pain, but I've only worn these maybe 8 times. I really want these to age into the nice orange, but it seems like so far away.

unnamed.jpg

basu13

Reaction score
Appreciate you following my channel.

I wanted to mention that I think I did own one pair of pure veg tan leather shoes in the past. I used to own a C&J Connaught shoe, and those I think were in the same saddle leather that GS uses. Very tough leather , but it did soften up enough that it became very comfortable. I sold them sadly because the last was a nightmare for me over time.

I am working remotely just for this week, so I thought it would be a good time to try to break these in more. Ankles still feel pain, but I've only worn these maybe 8 times. I really want these to age into the nice orange, but it seems like so far away.

View attachment 2202205
Looking good. There already seems to be some patina appearing on them. Keep going , these will evolve brilliantly.

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@GrantStone
are their any plans for a Munson or Modified or 379x type of GS last?
Many „foot shaped„ shoes/sneakers Fans out there too … a Grant Stone Munson Last and a more „modified-ish„ shoe version 🤩🤩🤩 would be fantastic!

It is something we would like to offer in the future for those with higher arches, but nothing is penciled in just yet.

star656

Reaction score
Fellow SFers, I received a new pair of GS Travelers. I think I finally found my fit. What are your thoughts on some of the finishing aberrations? For the price point, I feel these probably should be listed as seconds. I am not sure I want to keep these as 1sts.

The stitching channel is expanded and a little off kilter on the sole. The sockliner and glue/tape are exposed inside the shoe.

I reached out to customer support and as expected they stated no structural issues, but did not offer any kind of compensation. I've found GS QC to be incredibly tight (including the previous pair I had ordered). I am always hesitant to ask for "money back" so to speak and am pretty familiar with GYW products, have many AEs and a few Vibergs. Your thoughts? Should I be accepting of these details as a first? Unfortunately, I can't just pay restocking and swap for same size/color as it is sold out.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fellow SFers, I received a new pair of GS Travelers. I think I finally found my fit. What are your thoughts on some of the finishing aberrations? For the price point, I feel these probably should be listed as seconds. I am not sure I want to keep these as 1sts.

The stitching channel is expanded and a little off kilter on the sole. The sockliner and glue/tape are exposed inside the shoe.

I reached out to customer support and as expected they stated no structural issues, but did not offer any kind of compensation. I've found GS QC to be incredibly tight (including the previous pair I had ordered). I am always hesitant to ask for "money back" so to speak and am pretty familiar with GYW products, have many AEs and a few Vibergs. Your thoughts? Should I be accepting of these details as a first? Unfortunately, I can't just pay restocking and swap for same size/color as it is sold out.

Yes you are paying a lot for a shoe, but to me after one wear the sole issue will be less prevalent and if the insole part doesn’t cause discomfort, one will never see it. Wear the shoes

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally, I would love to see more PTBs or derbies with microstudded or similar rubber soles. Would gladly pick them up if they weren't all leather soles. That said, I agree that the badalassi PTB with leather was a nice makeup. I prefer it over the wedge version as well.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kabishah