• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

delmar

Reaction score
My wife in the wild with her new pair of Dune Noras. I tried to surprise her with a pair of the Josephine chelseas in the roughout but they were the wrong size and she wasn't crazy about either the leather or the style. An exchange was made and now everybody is happy.

Attachments

• IMG_0377.jpg
    IMG_0377.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 113

steadystate

Reaction score
For those who own the sneakers, you might be wondering why the tongue loop with the logo is off-center. A number of people seem to be confused about this and I've read several comments querying the design choice. It's off-center so you can loop the lace through on the side that the tongue slides towards and the loop will catch or snag on the lace and stay perfectly centered.

I feel slightly silly that it took me this long to recognize its use, and that I even considered having a cobbler stitch the tongue in place (which would be a bad idea for these).

PXL_20231204_073456896.jpg

Last edited:

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
8EEE. You guys have been out of stock for what seems forever at this point. I broke down and bought the Storm Kudu Diesel boot in October 2022 instead because I didn’t think the EEE sizes would be restocked at all.
It will be restocked in the springtime. Just an unfortunate situation as most of the EEE sizes have been in stock all year.
@GrantStone

Are the color 8 Ottawas on preorder a limited release like the shell boots? I want them bad but probably have to wait until February.
Yep, this has only been a pre-order. We will run another next year.

For those who own the sneakers, you might be wondering why the tongue loop with the logo is off-center. A number of people seem to be confused about this and I've read several comments querying the design choice. It's off-center so you can loop the lace through on the side that the tongue slides towards and the loop will catch or snag on the lace and stay perfectly centered.

I feel slightly silly that it took me this long to recognize its use, and that I even considered having a cobbler stitch the tongue in place (which would be a bad idea for these).

View attachment 2082895

The logo tab is not meant to run the lace through, only the one below is.

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So then... why is the tab off-center? I have never noticed this. Color me indifferent as I'm not a sneaker guy, but just curious.

My wife in the wild with her new pair of Dune Noras. I tried to surprise her with a pair of the Josephine chelseas in the roughout but they were the wrong size and she wasn't crazy about either the leather or the style. An exchange was made and now everybody is happy.

Well played! I am hoping for a similar happy outcome for the approaching holiday.

SallyCinnamon

Reaction score
Planning to get my first GS boots, right now I've been looking at Waxed Tobacco, Bourbon Suede, Dark Oak Roughtout or maybe Loden Suede.

However my favorite one was Ottawa Waxed Tobacco which currently is sold out, so is there any chance that it will be restock?

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Natural CXL Diesel boots today.

The maybe interesting patina on this pair is due to them being in downpour a number of times. The water never seems to fully penetrate the leather over the celastic toe for whatever reason. And thus the toes are mostly lighter than everywhere else. I don’t mind it.

I quite like the new Edward boots in dark walnut CXL. I’d love to see a black Edward in a smooth leather with an antique welt. But might be able to settle for natural or black welt too.

IMG_5560.jpeg

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yes!

So then... why is the tab off-center? I have never noticed this. Color me indifferent as I'm not a sneaker guy, but just curious.

Well played! I am hoping for a similar happy outcome for the approaching holiday.
Just for design purposes. Most tongues won't be 100% centered so an off-centered logo looks intentional, versus a crooked tongue.
Planning to get my first GS boots, right now I've been looking at Waxed Tobacco, Bourbon Suede, Dark Oak Roughtout or maybe Loden Suede.

However my favorite one was Ottawa Waxed Tobacco which currently is sold out, so is there any chance that it will be restock?
We may run this limited release again next fall, but it's not scheduled yet.
@GrantStone any idea when 13 EEE in any of the Garrisons will be stocked?
The olive minerva and crimson kudu 13EEE will be restocked next month. Submitting your email on one of the variants is usually best if you have interest.
Well that deflates my little theory then! Now I'm not sure whether to feel like a fool, or proud of my ingenuity :laugh:
If it works, why not!

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes!

Just for design purposes. Most tongues won't be 100% centered so an off-centered logo looks intentional, versus a crooked tongue.

We may run this limited release again next fall, but it's not scheduled yet.

The olive minerva and crimson kudu 13EEE will be restocked next month. Submitting your email on one of the variants is usually best if you have interest.

If it works, why not!
I'm in for a Waxed Tobacco Ottowa.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BARNABO