• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Peitron

Reaction score
Any chance these sample Forest Kudu Ottawa boots will have a limited run anytime soon? They're amazing, but size of the sample is too large for me.

1F7A5096-Edit_1512x.jpg

steadystate

Reaction score
Curious how many folks here wear the loafers primarily casually. I have the storm suede ones, which by their nature are supposed to be more informal, but they still feel so dressy that I struggle to think of everyday occasions to wear them.

Part of this has to do with the heel (I don't think I can wear these with shorts which is a bummer), but also possibly because they are still very new and un-broken in. I've seen some amazing photo albums of them thoroughly worn in after 6 - 12 months and they do look very slipper-like.

Do I just need to wear the hell out of them and get that fuzzy suede nap going so that I can start to regard them as slippers? Right now, they look, as my brother put it, like the kind of shoes Connor McGregor would wear with a suit. 😄

Last edited:

steadystate

Reaction score
Pulled the plug on the Butter suede sneaker. I haven't seen any images of these 'in the wild', so it will be interesting to see how this light, breezy color ages and develops!

krebsy

Reaction score
Curious how many folks here wear the loafers primarily casually. I have the storm suede ones, which by their nature are supposed to be more informal, but they still feel so dressy that I struggle to think of everyday occasions to wear them.

Part of this has to do with the heel (I don't think I can wear these with shorts which is a bummer), but also possibly because they are still very new and un-broken in. I've seen some amazing photo albums of them thoroughly worn in after 6 - 12 months and they do look very slipper-like.

Do I just need to wear the hell out of them and get that fuzzy suede nap going so that I can start to regard them as slippers? Right now, they look, as my brother put it, like the kind of shoes Connor McGregor would wear with a suit. 😄
I wear loafers almost exclusively in the summer with shorts. Mostly suede (including storm suede) but some calf as well. Maybe they do look too dressy for that, but I like it, and just roll with it without worrying too much about what anyone else thinks. Assuming they are properly fitted to begin with, wearing them will make them even more comfortable and will get you to the slipper phase, which is pretty glorious. It just takes some time.

Limboroom

Reaction score

Although I have worn them to the office with business casual a few times, most of the time was with shorts this past summer. I also just wear them around the house, mainly for fun. But also because they are actually really comfortable. That suede is like a pillow for my feet. Mine aren‘t killer nappy. Maybe they don’t know they are slippers or look like slippers, but I treat em like that, lol. I think it’s ok to go ahead and regard them like slippers as soon as you like.

whipcord

Reaction score
I wear mine (navy cxl) casually 100% of the time, mostly with jeans though I've also worn them with shorts. They are my most common shoe to throw on.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MariaAguirre