• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Moostyle

Reaction score
Well my Grant Stone Diesel Veg Tan and Edward shells are finally broken in and are now very comfortable boots. If I ever buy Grant Stone again I will likely try a 10.5E, but for the moment I am still very annoyed at the super high cost of their European shipping prices that they refuse to find more economical methods for, despite it being easy to do so. For example, they could have the courier they use hand the package over to the regular post office to ship internationally like Thursday Boots do and this would halve shipping prices and still be fast and secure and easier for VAT calculations. I really wish @GrantStone did not or penalize international buyers like that because it leaves a really bad taste in the mouth and I would have spent many more dollars more with them by now if it were not the case.

Last edited:

lfzhao5

Reaction score
Well my Grant Stone Diesel Veg Tan and Edward shells are finally broken in and are now very comfortable boots. If I ever buy Grant Stone again I will likely try a 10.5E, but for the moment I am still very annoyed at the super high cost of their European shipping prices that they refuse to find more economical methods for, despite it being easy to do so. For example, they could have the courier they use hand the package over to the regular post office to ship internationally like Thursday Boots do and this would halve shipping prices and still be fast and secure and easier for VAT calculations. I really wish @GrantStone did not or penalize international buyers like that because it leaves a really bad taste in the mouth and I would have spent many more dollars more with them by now if it were not the case.

Well, it could be worse, like buying stuff in EU, they Vax you, then when it's in your country you got to pay duty and tax.

At least grant stone is not selling out like viberg, only have sample sale in NY, when they are a fing Canadian company.

Moostyle

Reaction score
Well, it could be worse, like buying stuff in EU, they Vax you, then when it's in your country you got to pay duty and tax.

At least grant stone is not selling out like viberg, only have sample sale in NY, when they are a fing Canadian company.
I don't fully understand what you mean, but that seems like whataboutism by immediately deflecting from what I am talking about by referring other companies. I am not talking about other companies, I am talking about Grant Stones international shipping prices. :)

Assad

Reaction score
My new pair of Honey Glazed Ottawas arrived. I’m going to enter them into Stitchdown’s patina thunder dome starting Oct 1 so I’m excited to see what the patina looks like. Now I’m going to patiently await my Maduro travelers to finish out the top row.

View attachment 1838138

Were those the 10.5 size in the B-grade? I was about to make that purchase and it was gone before i knew it. Really nice deal for $400.

klawso9

Reaction score
Were those the 10.5 size in the B-grade? I was about to make that purchase and it was gone before i knew it. Really nice deal for $400.

Nah! Though, I saw those. I survived the b-grade temptation. I bought these second hand from someone looking to for a different size.

lfzhao5

Reaction score
o man, thank god it was 10.5, or else i would of felt missing out

Kkstpattisday

Reaction score
Hey grant stone when is the ladies footwear actually releasing. My wife is not very patient and is looking to buy some fall boots. I don’t know how much longer just wait and see will work. Do you have a solid release date?

Assad

Reaction score

How was the break in on the Edward shells? And how long did it take?

Assad

Reaction score
o man, thank god it was 10.5, or else i would of felt missing out

I hesitated b/c I'm not sure how I feel about the ottawa boot in general. It was sold as soon as I reloaded the page. Never owned a pair and I prefer a traditional moc toe without the split toe. But they are growing on me as I see more and more pictures and reviews on them.

basu13

Reaction score
I hesitated b/c I'm not sure how I feel about the ottawa boot in general. It was sold as soon as I reloaded the page. Never owned a pair and I prefer a traditional moc toe without the split toe. But they are growing on me as I see more and more pictures and reviews on them.

There is a common saying that the love for split toes start with disliking them. My initial view was that they looked quite divisive till I bought my first pair of Ottawas and am now on my third. Split toes on the Leo last look very well proportioned, in my view. Neither too Euro sleek nor PNW bulky, just in the sweet middle spot. Try the Ottawas and you'll be hooked.

Assad

Reaction score
There is a common saying that the love for split toes start with disliking them. My initial view was that they looked quite divisive till I bought my first pair of Ottawas and am now on my third. Split toes on the Leo last look very well proportioned, in my view. Neither too Euro sleek nor PNW bulky, just in the sweet middle spot. Try the Ottawas and you'll be hooked.

I have my eye on the natural kangaroo ottawas. Just kinda bummed on that opportunity to own the nat shell and an ottawa as I have never owned either of them.

Assad

Reaction score
FFC178C0-3A61-48B9-B163-A79563CB0548.jpeg

083FE48D-DA5A-4D06-9FBC-4F417E438B7B.jpeg

Embracing the cool weather with these Badallasi Saddle Tan Diesel boots.

whipcord

Reaction score
I would like to encourage everybody who is new to this brand to make sure to try on multiple sizes to understand what fits best and not make the expensive mistakes I have. It took me 5 purchases to finally realize that I am an 11E, not an 11D or 11.5D. I was having toe squeeze in the 11D which makes them unwearable, but the 11.5D boot is a half size too big in length. I was buying them to accommodate the shape of my toes, not the length. Grant Stone was nice enough to send me an 11E to try on, and by golly if it didn't solve the issue of toe squeeze yet maintain a more appropriate length for my feet. I wasn't smart enough to try that size last year, for whatever reason. Now carry on. :)

brandonboot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They can sell out all they want vibergs sample sales are probably the best boot sale I’ve ever seen from any company.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads