• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Grailmania" - The "Thrift Thread" Random swag Challenge.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Here it is folks, the challenge you have all been waiting for. "Grailmania" - the Random swag challenge.

The rules:

1. You can only enter 1 item. you may post multiple items as a brag, but you can only select one. a "set" of items is allowed. and encouraged.

2. The item(s) can be anything you, or a collector, would consider as a Grail.

3. You must own, or have aquired the entered item in the last year. and posted in the "Thrift Thread" at the time as a brag.

4. The winner will be decided by unanimous agreement of an items badassery, or "Grail status"

fine print: Homewares,Art,Maps,Sunken Treasure, Ancient artifacts,MC Hammers pants, The skeleton from Terminator 2,G1 Transformers,suits worn by Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne, sports memorabilia, and a FireKing beer mug are all examples of eligible items.

There have been several items posted in the Thrift Thread recently which are amazing. so post them here to see what reigns supreme.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Lets see just who has "The Thrift". and yes, there is a prize. So get busy gents!

-Vader

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does it have to be purchased within last 3 months?

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
it has been corrected, to within the last year. giving more people the chance to play. rules are otherwise the same. thrifted, posted in the thrift thread as a brag. and entered in here.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it has been corrected, to within the last year. giving more people the chance to play. rules are otherwise the same. thrifted, posted in the thrift thread as a brag. and entered in here.

Does it HAVE to be purchased within a year?

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Yes. Just to keep things recent. What have you got? Post it up!

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How 'bout a signed/framed Ralph Bakshi Fritz the Cat animation cel?

I don't have one, I'm just sayin', how 'bout one? Bump.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
How 'bout a signed/framed Ralph Bakshi Fritz the Cat animation cel?

I don't have one, I'm just sayin', how 'bout one? Bump.

THAT would be worthy, and i'm surprised nobody has found cool random stuff to post yet. I wanna see what awesome stuff is in the wild around member's thrifts.
happy.gif

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay. I'm not sure if this thread is ultimately gonna turn into anything, but I'm starting it off anyways.

Here is a sport coat:

Astor & Black. Decent navy herringbone fabric, peak lapels, working buttonholes, ticket pocket... So what, you ask?

Turns out this was a custom order:

... for the 2015 NBA MVP. And, quite possibly, the Finals MVP.

2009, so would be from Curry's rookie year in the NBA.
For a laugh I tried it on when I first got it. It was a little tight lol, but in my younger days it would've actually fit! I'd call it a 38L.

Anyways, I don't collect sports memorabilia, so I won't be keeping this. But it is sort of interesting to think about this kind of ephemera. The NBA has a dress code, so these ballers have a wardrobe outside of their game gear that is a real part of their public personas. Pregame, post game, travel, all in coats and ties.

This has seen some life and has a little mojo to prove it.

Anyways, given Curry and the Warrior's season, the timing is extraordinary and I humbly submit for grail status.
Thank you and hope to see some other entries soon. Peace!

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Not quite "grail," but very cool nonetheless

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
A guy who is fixing to become the biggest thing since Jordan? finding a suit worn on tour in his Rookie year???? that is def. a sports memorabilia Grail. kicking things off with a bang!!!!
Great find!!
fing02[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads