1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Graham Browne London.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Getzione, May 12, 2010.

1. Getzione

Getzione Senior member

Good day, again.

Its about time i updated this thread with the endresult.
    I collected the jacket from Graham Browne late last month, but havent found the time to take pictures untill now.

Before looking at the photos, let me say that i followed most of the tailors advice, and let most of the decisions up to Russel, at Graham Browne's.
    Even though i prefer the soft italian look and feel in a jacket, i let them make up a more structured english jacket, given that this is what they have the most experience with.

All in all, i am pleased with the outcome. I think the armholes could be cut higher, the sleeveholes cut smaller, and the sleeves tapered up a bit.

*Will update with more and better pics when i have the time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

*bonusshot of fabric*

[​IMG]

Looking forward to getting some feedback!

2. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

overall i think that looks really good! the structured shoulder suits your build.
    my one reservation is that in the shot from the rear there does seem to be excess fabric in the sleeves.

3. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

Looks very good to me. Your future orders from them should look even better. A great first effort [​IMG]

4. scurvyfreedman

scurvyfreedman Senior member

Because it isn't just supressed on the sides but is also at the waist in the back and follows the contours of your back it makes you look like a weightlifter. I think it would look better if it had shape on the side but didn't follow the contour of your back.

5. andreyb2

andreyb2 Senior member

Isn't right sleeve too short?

Otherwise, great.

Andrey

6. Getzione

Getzione Senior member

Because it isn't just supressed on the sides but is also at the waist in the back and follows the contours of your back it makes you look like a weightlifter. I think it would look better if it had shape on the side but didn't follow the contour of your back.

I think i agree with you. The strange this is that im not athletic at all, i almost went into shock when i saw the back. However, the jacket does not feel tight, and there is no issues with the movability.

I does seem that the fabric flaires unnecessary at the hips due to the severe tapering on the back, though. Ill try to capture this in a photo when i take some more.