• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Graham Browne London.

fox81

Reaction score
Looks like Graham Browne now use a Swiss-French MTM shirt program as their shirt offering. Prices are still the same.

Getzione

Reaction score
Originally Posted by il_colonnello
Misunderstanding - I was referring to the Chris Kerr site.

Alright you try out Graham Browne, I'll try out Kerr. Afterwards we'll compare notes.

(Mine won't happen so soon though.)

Ah, thats explains alot. I couldnt make out the animalheads comment!
Sounds good. Ill report back when im in action. Expecting a confirmation about the appointment from Russell real soon. Ill book the tickets then.

majesticj

Reaction score
Went to Graham Browne on a lark today, left having made a deposit on a suit I have been looking for a summer-ish suit for a while -- something mid-gray in the 9 oz range, something I can dress up for work and dress down for the weekend. I went in and started talking about fabrics and they started raving about this 9 oz flannel they had, and let me try on a coat they had waiting for another customer made up in the same material -- it was a fantastic sport coat apparently commissioned by the Permanent Style guy(!). I immediately purchased a suit in the same fabric. It was stunning. P.S. In case you were wondering, it was 1050 gbp for a suit and two pairs of trousers.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by majesticj
Went to Graham Browne on a lark today, left having made a deposit on a suit

I have been looking for a summer-ish suit for a while -- something mid-gray in the 9 oz range, something I can dress up for work and dress down for the weekend. I went in and started talking about fabrics and they started raving about this 9 oz flannel they had, and let me try on a coat they had waiting for another customer made up in the same material -- it was a fantastic sport coat apparently commissioned by the Permanent Style guy(!). I immediately purchased a suit in the same fabric. It was stunning.

P.S. In case you were wondering, it was 1050 gbp for a suit and two pairs of trousers.

Best of luck for that
biggrin.gif

majesticj

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWraith
Best of luck for that
biggrin.gif

worst case scenario, i make the cheapest possible bespoke mistake

at that price point at the current exchange rate, it's cheaper than the Corneliani for RL Polo suit that i', currently wearing!

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by majesticj
worst case scenario, i make the cheapest possible bespoke mistake

at that price point at the current exchange rate, it's cheaper than the Corneliani for RL Polo suit that i', currently wearing!

Exactly right. And best case, you end up with something really good that you'll enjoy wearing. I'm hoping for the latter.

Getzione

Reaction score
I have recieved confirmation for my appointment on the 3. of June. Will keep you guys updated throughout the process.
Also, any suggstions on other stores i should visit while in London? Ill have a couple of hours only.

EDIT: Im aware of the numbers of 'shopping in london' threads, but as i only have a couple of hours -i'd appreciate some tips on stores nearby 12 wellcourt (where Graham Browne is). I will surely head over to Jermyn Street, atleast.
Thank you!

Geezer

Reaction score
I was wearing a Graham Browne suit today, cut a few months back by Russell.

I am very happy with it. It needs a couple of minor tweaks, but I've not yet found time to take it back (memo to self: take suit back for tweaks). Quality is good. Less hand work (eg machine-sewn cuff buttton holes) than you'd get from the Row, but at a third the price - or less.

Their cut is middle of the road London. Sort of Poole-ish, rather than the extremes of Anderson's or Huntsman.

They are nice guys, more flexible on style than some. And good value. I'll be going back once I've worked out what I "need" made next.

fox81

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Getzione

EDIT: Im aware of the numbers of 'shopping in london' threads, but as i only have a couple of hours -i'd appreciate some tips on stores nearby 12 wellcourt (where Graham Browne is). I will surely head over to Jermyn Street, atleast.
Thank you!

theres not much to see shopping wise that side of town. there is a churchs and barker shop nearby.

youre close to st pauls and in turn the tate modern, but thats about it. its a bit of a hike (even via the tube) to the west end to go to jermyn st etc.

Getzione

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fox81
theres not much to see shopping wise that side of town. there is a churchs and barker shop nearby.

youre close to st pauls and in turn the tate modern, but thats about it. its a bit of a hike (even via the tube) to the west end to go to jermyn st etc.

I thought cabs in London were cheap as hell?
plain.gif

We'll see how much time i get.

Thank you for all the help throughout the thread, Fox.

fox81

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Getzione
I thought cabs in London were cheap as hell?
plain.gif

We'll see how much time i get.

Thank you for all the help throughout the thread, Fox.

No worries.
I would have said that black cabs are pretty pricey relative to the rest of the world, but they are plentiful. It will take you 30mins by cab or public transport to go to the west end i believe.

Getzione

Reaction score
So i visited with Graham Browne in London a couple weeks ago.
The whole experience was very satisfying.
I had a chat with Russell about what i wanted to make up, and chose a fabric from the Harrison Moonbeam book. Not really that much to report back yet.
Im going back in a couple of weeks to have the first fitting, so i will get back with more after that.

I can say this though; I was very good taken care of, and i enjoyed the visit very much.

Thank you all for contributing to this thread.

Getzione

Reaction score
No, no. I started out with a jacket. I dont have much use for suits right now.

fox81

Reaction score
ok, nice choice. just be careful about booking your return trip. they are sometimes prone to slippage in their delivery dates

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads