• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Graham Browne Bespoke Tailor - My First Suit

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The photographs will help - at the moment it is difficult to visualise anything.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah i'd really like to see pics, i'm thinking of using GB. thanks

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you do take photographs then Gshen's array is a good set - full views with and without the coat and the inside of the coat as well to show the finishing.

GodAtum

Reaction score
That's the cloth Graham recommended to me.

I'm going for a 2nd fitting today so will try to take some photos.

Umer

Reaction score
Q-Z project is a Super 150s 11oz J&J Minnis cloth.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thank you for posting the pictures. seems to be a good fit around the shoulders. for my taste, the trousers are too full for your frame and a little too long. in the side view, the 'skirt' area appears to be flaring out, but perhaps that area just needs pressing?
more pictures would be very helpful.

Last edited:

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

GodAtum

Reaction score

thank you for posting the pictures. seems to be a good fit around the shoulders. for my taste, the trousers are too full for your frame and a little too long. in the side view, the 'skirt' area appears to be flaring out, but perhaps that area just needs pressing?
more pictures would be very helpful.

Thanks for your comments. What kind of angle would you like the photos?

fox81

Reaction score
just out of curiosity, what are your chest and waist measurements? and how square are your shoulders really?

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would consider that suit a huge disservice.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am no technical expert so i was hoping that others with more knowledge would chime in with specific observations. I'm going to be honest here and say that from what i can see the suit is not acceptable for a fully bespoke garment. you seem to be in good shape and its just not doing you justice, fits you like an OTR. to me it seems there are issues with the top/back of the sleeve, it needs more suppression at the waist, the 'skirt' flares out too much and the trousers need to be tapered and shortened quite considerably.
i have met with GB and IMO they can be a little offhand with a customer who's not clear about what he wants. they can do very good work- i've seen up close stuff they made for simon crompton- but perhaps they exert themselves less when the customer is not emphatic (and also stands to give them no publicity).
i think you need to go back and politely but firmly request alterations. please post as many views as you can in good light of front, sides, back so that people here can help you identify the problems.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads