1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Grafton & Co. opinions?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Cyber0066, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Cyber0066

Cyber0066 Well-Known Member

Seems to be a pretty big retailer here in Canada. THough I'm not sure how their quality/price is on suits and dress shirts. Anyone care to share their experiences?

2. EL72

EL72 Distinguished Member

Seems to be a pretty big retailer here in Canada. THough I'm not sure how their quality/price is on suits and dress shirts. Anyone care to share their experiences?

Average mall quality stuff. Better than the lower end Tip Top or Moores but still pretty mediocre. I don't know what their prices are but the suits are essentially $300 fused numbers. If you're in Toronto and in that price range, go to Tom's Place in Kensington market and you'll do better.

3. gj555

gj555 Senior Member

Never purchased anything there. Suits are made in Canada, so if you have the urge to support the Canadian apparel industry, feel free to buy their stuff. If you look at the CA number in their suits, you may be able to determine who makes the suits. I have noticed that they have started to carry a few suits that appear to be half canvass with pic stitching on the lapel. If you can find one on sale, it is probably not too bad of a deal.

How much are you looking to spend?

4. oldseed

oldseed Senior Member

Average mall quality stuff. Better than the lower end Tip Top or Moores but still pretty mediocre. I don't know what their prices are but the suits are essentially $300 fused numbers. If you're in Toronto and in that price range, go to Tom's Place in Kensington market and you'll do better.
    dunno what the fascination is with tom's place. the $300 ones there are the same fused numbers as at graftons and others. me, i prefer the bay. it has better fused numbers. seed

5. EL72

EL72 Distinguished Member

dunno what the fascination is with tom's place. the $300 ones there are the same fused numbers as at graftons and others.

Not a fascination but you can get better prices there for the same fused suits. He also has some nicer stuff like Corneliani if you want to spend more as well. The Bay is great for Samuelsohn on sale.

6. gj555

gj555 Senior Member

Classica Imports often has good prices on suits. Its located somewhere near Yorkdale Mall. I have not been there in years but I think you get better value than Toms.

7. Cyber0066

Cyber0066 Well-Known Member

How about their other clothes like shirts, ties, jackets?