• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

graffiti art: banksy

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
from his websitehttp://www.banksy.co.uk
laugh-now.jpg
doctors-paint.jpg
pullingtheplug.jpg
happycopper.jpg
west bank
pal01.jpg
pal05.jpg
pal06.jpg

chrysalid

Reaction score
the west bank stuff is my favourite, though could be seen as being a little 'right on'. there was one which i think has been taken off his site of a very smple black stencil of a girl floating halfway up the wall holding onto a bunch of balloons.

a recent work on the side of a sexual health clinic is imo fairly weak, and was fully covered by pretty all mainstream media over here in the uk. i feel he may be losing his subversive touch.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I read the GQ (IIRC) article on him a while back. Some amazing stuff on the west bank wall.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think the Banksy story was from Esquire. Anyway his work would make a great coffee table book

trogdor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
I think the Banksy story was from Esquire. Anyway his work would make a great coffee table book

I have a book of his stuff called Existencilism (see here). It's pretty small, though, so it probably doesn't count as proper "coffee table" material.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love Banksy's stuff, but haven't seen recent stuff. He and Swoon are by far my favorites these days.

I taught a class last fall on graffiti and those two artists probably generated the most genuine interest from the students that wrote on them (i.e. really got into it and learned lots, not just the regular "ho hum gotta write this" job).

bob

Rome

Mr. Chocolates Godiva
Reaction score
Anyone catch the art he snuck and hung inside famous museums? The message behind those makes that my favorite stunt.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vintage Gent
This is one of my favorites of those:

banksy-5.jpg

That's hilarious. Ive never seen that one before, but I'm a big fan of Banksy.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw a few places online selling pictures of his work framed and I want to buy some for my wall. And i can't decide which ones to get because so many look great. I'm scared of putting some up just because i'd really rather not explain them to certain friends.

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Read his book, "Wall and Piece". His take on aesthetics is fascinating. Plus it's got lots of his best pieces.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen much, but I've liked most everything I have seen.

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5

They already have one available

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads